Welcome To Raindrop Gardening - Applying For The Landscape Crew Leader Position
Raindrop Gardening is a small landscaping company that cares about our community and the environment in which we live. As a Landscape Crew Leader, you will help lead a team of one to three Landscape Assistants working with our clients in the east end of Toronto – caring for their gardens; renewing tired, overgrown yards; and creating new, beautiful spaces.
As a part of the Raindrop Gardening team you will:
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and answer questions, providing them with a personal, professional experience.
- Assign tasks based on a work schedule and keep the crew members on task.
- Instruct crew members on proper work standards and ensure safe work practices.
- Report on work done, time taken, and any potential issues or concerns.
- Lead by example, working along with the crew members.
- Build new gardens – removing sod, tilling, spreading soil and mulch, planting perennials, shrubs and trees.
- Build new patios, walkways or garden walls – excavating, spreading and compacting stone and sand, laying and cutting pavers, constructing small retaining walls.
- Care for residential gardens – weeding, pruning, planting, edging gardens, lawn care, spreading mulch, leaf removal.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment which could include a mower, string trimmer, tiller, sod cutter, saws, compacter, hedge trimmer.
- At least two seasons of experience with a landscaping and/or gardening contractor with some knowledge of plants, garden maintenance practices and construction methods.
- Ability to communicate with clients and provide direction to other members of the team.
- Ontario driver’s license Class G is required, access to your own transportation is desirable and will be compensated.
- First Aid/CPR C would be an asset.
- You should be prepared for physical work outdoors in all weather conditions, with the ability to lift up to 36 kilograms.
- Safety of our staff, the homeowner and the public are important to Raindrop Gardening. You will have an awareness of safe work practices. You will be required to provide your own safety boots. All other personal protective equipment will be provided.
A landscape crew leader will be compensated at a rate starting at $24.00/hr for up to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, starting in April. This is a seasonal position, we work until the end of November.
Start Your Application