Welcome To Raindrop Gardening - Applying For The Landscape Assistant/Crew Member Position
Do you love the outdoors? Are you passionate about plants? Do you like to be physically active? Raindrop Gardening is a small landscaping company that cares about our community and the environment in which we live. As a Landscape Assistant, you will help us work with our clients in the east end of Toronto – caring for their gardens; renewing tired, overgrown yards; and creating new, beautiful spaces.
As a part of the Raindrop Gardening team you will:
- Build new gardens – removing sod, tilling, spreading soil and mulch, planting perennials, shrubs and trees
- Build new patios, walkways or garden walls – excavating, spreading and compacting stone and sand, laying and cutting pavers, constructing small retaining walls.
- Care for residential gardens – weeding, pruning, planting, edging gardens, lawn care, spreading mulch, leaf removal.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment which could include a mower, string trimmer, tiller, sod cutter, saws, compacter, hedge trimmer.
- Interact with customers and provide them with a personal, professional experience.
- No experience required. You should be reliable, willing and eager to learn, able to take on physically demanding tasks, and take pride in your work.
- Enrollment in a landscaping programme or previous gardening, landscaping or construction experience, and/or knowledge of plants, would be an asset.
- Ontario driver’s license would be an asset, as would access to your own transportation.
- First Aid/CPR C would be an asset.
- You should be prepared for physical work outdoors in all weather conditions, with the ability to lift up to 36 kilograms.
- Safety of our staff, the homeowner and the public are important to Raindrop Gardening. You will have an awareness of safe work practices. You will be required to provide your own safety boots. All other personal protective equipment will be provided.
A landscape assistant will be compensated at a rate starting at $18.00/hr for up to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, starting in April. Part-time work could also be negotiated. This is a seasonal position, we work until approximately the end of November.
Start Your Application