As our new Garden Maintenance Team Leader, your goal is to direct a residential garden maintenance route. You’ll lead a team of maintenance techs to ensure each garden on your route looks its absolute best.
You’ll be great at this role because you’re attentive and meticulous, noticing every detail in the gardens under your care. When there’s room to improve something, you communicate proactively with your clients and business owners, to ensure every client is totally delighted with their garden.
Leaders that belong on our team have innate intelligence, great people and organizational skills, and thrive on improvising to get the job done. You inspire and model professionalism and quality work for your team. You know what tools and training they need to perform their best. You take pride in knowing that your team enjoys coming to work each day and that your support is a big reason why.
Working at Christine’s Touch…
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you that we:
- Show up. We bring our whole selves – our best selves – to work each day, and we trust each other to do the same. We back each other up and trust that each other are doing the absolute best we can. The trust that we have built with you and that you have built with your team will lead to the autonomy to run your route, make decisions, and solve problems. You’ll use your intelligence and your creativity knowing that others will back you up.
- Work Smart. We’re professional and organized – it’s easy to do a great job when the basics of schedule, route, and administration run like clockwork. You’ll spend time on the tasks that matter.
- Take Care. We care about the well-being of our team members – we create a healthy and safe work environment. We keep vehicles and tools in great condition and do daily safety checks. Together we ensure everyone goes home safe and sound.
The season runs from mid-March to the first week of December. Many of our staff take January and February to travel and rest.
Our wages are competitive, with flexibility for seasoned candidates. On top of a fair wage ($24-$30 leader), we offer:
- Employees receive monthly contributions to a Health Savings Account after 3 months of employment to cover eligible medical expenses including paramedical (chiropractor, RMT, etc.), dental, and prescription drug costs
- Eligibility for employee SUB benefits (we top up your EI benefits during the winter months)
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program, a 24-hour, anonymous call line that offers advice and can refer callers to funded services such as counseling
- Weekly pay schedule
- No weekend hours required
- Scheduling accommodations can be negotiated
- Investments in your personal and professional growth through mentorship, apprenticeship sponsorships, and continuing education and training
- Discounts at Mark’s Work Warehouse and other industry associated retailers and a subsidized uniform
- Working day to day in some of the nicest residential gardens Toronto has to offer
Who are we looking for…
The most essential qualifications are an eagerness to be helpful, a sense of humility, and the desire to learn from others. G driver’s license is required. In addition, these qualifications will help you stand out:
- Being comfortable driving in downtown Toronto in larger vehicles
- 2+ years of experience in professional garden maintenance
- Physical fitness, strength and agility
- Experience as a supervisor
- Any formal or informal education/training in horticulture
If this sounds like you, please visit www.christinestouch.com/employment/ to apply.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.