Welcome To WIllowbrook Nurseries Inc. - Applying For The Assistant Tree Production Manager Position
If you love growing plants to better our environment, we want you!
Willowbrook Nurseries is looking for motivated and energetic individual to join our team. The core focus of this position is to work alongside and assist our tree grower to ensure that the highest quality container grown trees are produced.
At Willowbrook Nurseries, we hire team players who are dedicated to using a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to complete a variety of tasks, while respectfully working with a diverse team of employees.
We are looking for an energetic individual who will have an exceptional eye for detail, can work well with others, and is an excellent organizer. Key role will be to take direction from the Tree Production Manager and ensure high quality trees are produced at our nursery.
Responsabilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Plant, cultivate, graft and harvest trees, shrubs, monitoring for pests and diseases.
- Will have sufficient knowledge of tree varieties, proper pruning techniques, and tree growing skills.
- Assign work schedules and duties to nursery staff and supervise their work.
- Coach, mentor, and communicate with staff to properly execute daily tasks.
- Create, forecast and track all processes and procedures for tree section and or other production sections.
- Monitor production processes, determine priority tasks for production teams.
- Assess, identify, develop and implement production improvements related to productivity and/or efficiency.
- Assist in documenting workflows, processes, procedures and time reports.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies including weekly or monthly tailgates.
- Continually assess and regulate greenhouse irrigations systems to ensure proper watering of plants.
- Work closely with the Tree Production Manager to ensure products are grown according to our company standards, and following the pre-determined production and shipping schedules.
- Ensure proper product placement in the container production fields.
- Being able to assist with weekend duties, including watering, monitoring staff, greenhouses and outdoor container production fields.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Successfully leads teams and inspires employees to accomplish goals; ability to assess performance and develop employee performance and growth.
- Work with the Tree Production Manager to ensure trees receive proper nutrition and continually monitor their growth so that trees will reach their optimum as per schedule.
- Ability to solve practical problems, deal with a variety of changing situations and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and ensure tasks are completed.
- Comfortable with the use of technology for tracking and/or documenting technical information.
- Ability to operate a variety of machinery, including but not limited to tractors, forklifts, wheel loaders.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years of Management experience in Horticulture or Agriculture.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Available to rotate, working evenings, weekend and holidays with other team members.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular shifts as needed.
- Ability to carry and lift 50 pounds.
What’s in it for you?
The satisfaction of growing plants to enhance our environment
Great benefit package
Great wage and compensation for the right individual.
Opportunity to become a Production Manager
Start Your Application