Welcome To Idaho Manufacturing Alliance - Applying For The Executive Director Position
The Idaho Manufacturing Alliance (IMA) is a state-wide membership organization focused on connecting, supporting, and promoting the manufacturing industry within Idaho. IMA is headquartered in Nampa, Idaho, from which it serves members across the state. The IMA is a 501c-6 non-profit organization, and its operations are currently guided by Entrepreneurial Operating Systems (EOS) principles.
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Type: Flexible, within standard Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM work week. Project specific, non-standard hours are periodically required. Some travel required. FLSA Status -Exempt.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with non-profit organization of this size; contingent on qualifications, experience, and hours committed to work as determined by applicant and Board of Directors. Approximate range $42,000 – 60,000.
- Minimum of 5 years of business management experience; manufacturing or related industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education in business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven record of successful small team management and hands-on leadership.
Reporting to a Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Idaho Manufacturing Alliance, including responsibility for the leadership, vision, direction and execution of its mission through its day-to-day operations. The role requires a large percentage of hands-on involvement, but includes the responsibilities of a visionary, as well. This position is responsible for the success of IMA’s services, events, and fundraising needs to further the organization’s goals to connect, support and promote Idaho manufacturing across the state. With a small team, many of which are part time, the person in this role will have to roll their sleeves up, not just direct and manage. Additional responsibilities include oversight and development of IMA’s 501c3 offshoot, Forging Futures Idaho, whose goal is creating awareness and excitement for rewarding careers in manufacturing to students and the general population.
- Provide leadership for current strategic initiative as well as creating initiatives to meet the mission of the organization.
- Ensure ongoing excellence in the execution of current programs, initiatives, grants, and commitments to partners.
- Attract, develop, and retain a team of employees including hiring, performance management, organizational process development, as well as team support and encouragement.
- Continue to expand IMA membership. Promote, represent and engage in supportive activities across the State of Idaho.
- Optimize financial performance as well as ensure financial integrity and reporting - Financial Statements, Audit, Budget, Payroll, Tax deposits, IRS filings, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with supporters, sponsors, organization promoters, partners, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support the ongoing development of a strong Board of Directors, including serving on the Board of Directors and working closely with the Board President.
- Oversee all Alliance meetings and events, and present, when appropriate.
- Ensure the organization remains in compliance with all Federal and State laws and guidelines governing nonprofit organizations.
- Maintain, build and strengthen relationships within the organization (IMA Staff), among the Board of Directors, with the membership, and others; including sponsors, partners, and industry influencers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and passion for the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to understand and speak intelligently about manufacturing activities across all functional levels from executive, middle management, and production line personnel.
- Experience with policy development and implementation.
- Ability to establish working relationships with industry trade associations, governmental organizations, grant agencies and financial sponsors and supporters.
- Familiarity and experience in event planning, promotion, and execution.
- Computer experience required : Microsoft Suite; proficiency in social media platforms, a plus.
- Experience with creating and managing an annual budget as well as financial reporting.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the State of Idaho and to a lesser extent the US Northwest region (less than 20%).
Additional Skills, preferred
- IMA Operations are currently guided by EOS principles. Familiarity with EOS or other entrepreneurial operating systems would be helpful.
- Marketing, graphic design, or inter-office IT management skills helpful.
- Familiarity or experience with Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) systems, Adobe Suite, Wordpress, Canva, QuickBooks, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, etc.
- Experience with industry-related grant writing, grant implementation, and financial management.
Thank you for your interest. If you have questions, please reach out via email to email@example.com.
Start Your Application