Reports to: Horticultural Technician
Works daily with: Enhancement & Maintenance Team Members
About The Position:
Our Enhancement Team Members are an important part of our Garden Care Team. At Garden Holistics, our Enhancement Crew Leaders are interested in building out new garden spaces, and learning expert horticulture practices. They love seeing a transformation in an outdoor space, and like mentoring and communicating with the team members. Our Crew Leaders have a focus on safe work practices, love working outdoors, and are eager to continually learn new skills.
About the Role You’ll Play:
You will play a key role in the efficient completion of garden cleanups, tree and shrub planting, new garden bed installation, mulch and compost installation. You will also work alongside our Garden Maintenance Team as needed. You are eager to follow quoted plans and provide verbal instructions to your team on how to turn our clients’ vision into reality. You like to collaborate and pull together as a team to complete projects on time and budget. You have a flair for tidiness and are observant, noticing when something is not looking it’s best.
What You’ll Be Doing:
1. Leading a team of 2-3 with clear communication and empathy.
2. Performing a wide range of gardening and landscaping tasks including garden cleanups, tree and shrub planting, new garden bed installation and planting, mulching and compost installation.
3. Ensuring technical best practices when completing work on site.
4. Ensuring pace of work meets or exceeds expectations of clients and quote.
5. Keeping your team trained on all health and safety protocols and making sure the site is safe.
6. Ensuring necessary cleaning and maintenance on tools is performed.
7. Safely operating equipment and tools.
8. Training new and less experienced team members.
9. Completing and submitting all work reports with a high level of accuracy. The Results we see from a great
Enhancement Crew Leader:
1. Projects completed on time & budget.
2. Clients are thrilled with their new gardens.
3. Absence of injury, accidents and near misses while on site.
4. Well organized and maintained tools and materials.
5. All data required for client invoicing is entered and submitted on time and accurately.
1. You’re detail oriented and diligent with follow through.
2. You have proven leadership and mentorship ability, or the willingness to develop these skills.
3. You have some knowledge of professional horticultural practices. CLT, Apprenticeship or Diploma in Horticulture are considered a major asset.
4. You have a G license with clean abstract.
5. You’re a good communicator with empathy, accountability, and fairness on your mind.
6. You’re comfortable to proficient with technology.
7. You have 3-5 years experience in the gardening/landscaping industry.
8. You’re physically fit with the ability to lift up to 30lbs, and perform repetitive physical tasks.
9. You feel aligned with company core values mission and vision below.
Our Company Values:
Communication, Humour, Integrity, Expertise, Fairness
By combining the science of horticulture with expert practices, we’re masters at having fun doing what we do best.Our vision of success includes spaces which enhance our clients’ outdoor enjoyment at home.
Hours of full-time work:
• Monday-Friday 6:45AM-6PM
• Permanent, full-time seasonal
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive salary - $25-30/hour
• Health Spending Account
• Paid personal days
• The best co-workers anyone could ask for