Welcome To Davey Tree - Applying For The Arborist Apprentice / Arborist Assistant Position
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada is the leading full-service tree care provider for residential, commercial, utility line clearing, and forestry consulting throughout Canada. As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking interested and motivated individuals to join our team in various roles. With positions available throughout Ontario and Canada as well as permanent, seasonal, co-op options, Davey has an opportunity for you in the location you desire!
Ontario Locations: Toronto / GTA, Pickering, Quinte, Muskoka, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara Region, Brantford, Kitchener, London, Strathroy, Windsor
Please email us your reusme or any questions to email@example.com
As an Arborist Apprentice with Davey Tree you will begin to gain exposure on all aspects of the Arborist role. You will spend your day in the field supporting Arborists all while ensuring a clean, safe, and organized site. In time Davey Tree would look to support the apprentice in becoming a certified Arborist.
- Control lowering ropes.
- Supply tools for tree workers aloft.
- Control road and sidewalk traffic as needed by use of warning devices.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance inspections on equipment.
- Cut, chip and load brush and wood.
- Complete proper job site cleanup.
- Assist other crew members in performing job duties.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures.
- Valid provincial driver’s license.
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified Arborist.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Previous landscape/horticulture experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Seasonal and Co Op Positions also available
- Davey provides ongoing training and career advancement opportunities, including assistance with tuition
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Excellent Benefits package and RRSP program
- Employee Referral Program and other company perks
Start Your Application