Welcome To Land Master Contracting Ltd. - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson Position
Reports to: Project Manager and General Manager
Summary: As the lead worker on-site, this position plans, directs, and coordinates all project-related activities and work. Projects may include planting, grading, interlock paving, retaining walls, concrete and masonry work, wooden fences and decks. This position requires the ability to keep detailed records of job progress, any changes that are made, and the evolving needs of the construction site.
Since this position’s goal is to provide a high-quality job and maintain a safe working environment, a commitment to open and honest communication is crucial.
Roles and responsibilities of Forman:
- You will understand, memorize, demonstrate, follow, and enforce our policies as set forth in the procedure manual and policy handbook.
- You will instruct and train employees in safe work practices for all construction equipment, tools, and job techniques.
- You will cultivate a positive attitude and working climate, with an emphasis on health and safety.
- You will be responsible for site safety as well as identifying hazards and eliminating potential threats to staff, sub-contractors, the public, and others.
- You will participate in the installation, layout, and investigation of any problems or necessary changes.
- You will work together with the Project Manager to communicate any changes to or concerns about the job.
- You will keep an accurate inventory of regularly used tools and supplies in the provided truck.
- You will oversee the crew to confirm that all given directions are being followed. Continuously monitor all work done, making sure that it meets job specifications. This will ensure the highest quality and accuracy possible.
- You will keep track of all materials and let the project manager know when you need new materials
- You will try to foresee problems and take the necessary steps to prevent them from continuing.
- You will provide daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- You will perform a weekly safety meeting.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A familiarity with construction sites and possible hazards and opportunities.
- Possession of a valid G license.
- Knowledge of and experience with heavy equipment/construction machines.
- An ability to read and interpret various construction-related documents.
- Applicant must be able to grade and install interlock paving, retaining walls, and other landscape structures (Some training will be provided).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervising role in the landscape construction industry.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Landscape construction techniques and materials.
- A demonstrated ability to run a job site with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An ability to communicate well with co-workers, managers, other employees, client groups, and the general public while providing leadership/supervision and work directions to subordinates.
- A basic knowledge of horticulture and plant needs.
- An ability to communicate in English - this includes reading and writing.
- Must constantly think ahead and plan, while leading and working along with crew members.
- Must be able to listen well and be mentally attentive while dealing with customers or public queries.
- Required to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to stay focused while juggling multiple deadlines and responsibilities with frequent interruptions.
- Must prioritize the job and have a problem-solving brain.
- Ability to constantly bend, pull, and lift, while shoveling, raking, planting and working with hand tools for long periods of time in repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and be in a physically fit condition.
- Ability to move material around the job site by hand or small machines over rough construction surfaces. This will include a lot of walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work from 7am-5pm, Monday through Friday, and possibly Saturday.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in different weather conditions (ex. sun, rain, dust, snow and cold).
- Must be focused and attentive to the machines and other equipment around the job site.
Type of supervision receive:
Will report to Project manager. Assignments will be periodically checked for progress and quality control will be provided by the immediate supervisor.
Type of supervision given:
- Supervise and control onsite staff.
- Direct and supervise subcontractors when needed.
(Canadian legal work permit and reliable vehicle to drive to the jobsites is mandatory)
Start Your Application