Welcome To triOS College - Applying For The Senior Accountant- Campus Support Centre Position
We are looking for a skilled Senior Accounting Specialist to join our team. The right person will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and have an eye for detail. This position will be responsible for executing the Balance Sheet reconciliation function for the organization and direction set by the Director of Finance. This will involve budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial modelling, and analysis required to support the senior management team.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Investigate major MTD/YTD variances and fluctuations against prior period actuals and budget/forecasts.
- Identify and monitor the aging of the outstanding unreconciled items in the Balance Sheet accounts. Present the list of risks and opportunities with a timely action plan for resolution to the Controller.
- Detailed review of monthly revenue & expense accruals and intercompany transactions.
- Reconciliation of credit card transactions. Implement and maintain standard procedures for the same.
- Calculate Recognized Revenue and create appropriate monthly journal entries.
- Prepare payroll and benefits related journal entries on a semi-monthly basis.
- Calculate monthly commissions and reconciliation of Sales numbers. Communicate commission calculations to reps and provide commission calculations to payroll department as per ADP deadlines.
- Identify areas of process improvement within the current Finance month-end processes.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for various general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and enter general ledger and adjusting journal entries.
- Assist with other ad-hoc project implementations and prepare ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Assist in year-end audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 4-year degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting. Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) would be an asset.
A minimum of 5 years of proven experience developing budgets and performing financial analysis. Experience presenting complex financial, statistical, and other information. Experience working successfully with people at all organizational levels.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Skills and experience with Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Desire to learn new concepts and work independently
- Ability to challenge the status quo and adapt to change quickly
- Excellent business communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively communicate with the finance and administration team and other associates.
- Knowledge of Great Plains software an asset.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
This is a hybrid role, the successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location in Mississauga, ON, and work from a home with reliable internet access.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
We thank all those interested in this position, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application