Welcome To Murray's landscape Services - Applying For The Landscape Construction Lead / Foreman Position
The landscape crew leader works alongside and manages landscape crews to complete landscape projects. Projects may include
- Turf Installation,
- Planting Bed Construction,
- Tree Planting,
- Shrub Planting,
- Natural Stone and Unit Paver Installation,
- Natural Stone and Modular Block wall construction and other landscape related tasks.
The crew leader is responsible for on site managing of crew, materials, equipment and the jobsite so that the project runs in an efficient and safe manner. The crew leader is responsible for quality control and ensuring construction standards are upheld.
Responsibilities and Duties: The landscape crew leader may be asked to perform the following:
- Site excavation and grading.
- Installation of soil, sod, annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs, mulch, etc.
- Installation of pavers, modular block, natural stone, wood, etc.
- Assist supervisor in estimating materials, labour, and equipment needs for projects.
- Manage job site and project in a safe and efficient manner.
- Daily maintenance of truck and all equipment used including hand tools, power tools, and small engine equipment.
- Represent Murray’s at the job site, ensure polite communication with the customer, and ensure that required safety practices are followed.
- Read and understand landscape plans.
- Operate skid-steer, mini excavator, forklift, etc.
- Operate small engine equipment such a chainsaw, cut off saw, plate compactor, etc.
- Knowledge of plants and planting.
- Knowledge of hard features and their installation in landscape.
Start Your Application
- 3-5 years Experience working in landscape industry.
- Red Seal Certified Landscape Technician, an assset but not required.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Able to work outside in a physically demanding position.