Welcome To Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services Barrie - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson Garden Maintenance Position
We are an established Landscape firm based in Barrie serving all of Simcoe County and Simcoe Muskoka. We are passionate about our work and seek like minded indivuals to join our team. We are seeking Crew Leaders for Garden Maintenance Crews.
You will ssign tasks based on work schedules, keep workers on task, and inspect the quality of work to ensure job requirements are met. Instruct crew members on proper work standards. Interact with customers to resolve issues or answer questions. Crew leaders, also called foreperson, work along with crew members in completing all landscaping maintenance. Operate a variety of hand tools and equipment such as hedge shears, sod cutters, pruning saws, mowing equipment, etc. to complete landscape and garden projects.
- Perform Spring and Fall lawn & garden clean-ups to commercial properties
- Perform plant & garden care and maintenance duties including: weeding, pruning, soil amending, installation of mulches and seasonal fertilizers, soil cultivating (when required) and monitoring of plant material health on client properties in the Simcoe County area.
- Removal of brush and debris from client properties by truck.
- Responsible for the daily inspection, loading and care of maintenance tools and equipment as well as safe operation of company truck and trailers
- Responsible for keeping track of inventory and required maintenance equipment
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and care of tools and equipment in use, including mixing of fuel and refueling of equipment as required
- Responsible for the completion of daily work on our company management app.
- Responsible to comply, encourage and enforce all of the company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Motivate, train, and develop staff.
- Assist with recruitment.
Qualities we seek:
- Pride in your workmanship
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and Experience.
- Previous experience in gardening and lawn maintenance with an attention to detail
- Skills with ground maintenance equipment and accepted practices
- Knowledge of Plant and shrub identification/ care
- Formal, informal education or training in Gardening/Horticulture.
- Valid G2 / G class “Ontario” license, clean drivers abstract and experience.
- Physically fit and active,
- Experienced in working long, physically demanding hours
- Ready to work in all weather Sunshine or Rain
- Positive and outgoing.
Wages and Benefits:
Start Your Application
- Competitive wages offered based on experience and demonstrated skills
- Bi-Weekly pay.
- Paid travel between shop and job sites, Vehicle allowance if meeting on site.
- Health benefits after 3 months for year round employees.
- Compensation is $24-$30/hr based on experience and ability.