Welcome To Eden Valley Poultry - Applying For The Maintenance Technician Position
Our Maintenance Team is growing! Eden Valley Poultry Incorporated is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its team. We are a Canadian company - unique in the industry. We process and market chickens and turkeys for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers. We strive to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment, and remaining focused on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
The ideal Maintenance Technician will:
- Perform certified trade skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment in accordance with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Performing routine maintenance.
- Follow and complete a daily maintenance and repair schedule.
- Keep accurate records.
- Comply with and enforce Occupational Health and Safety standards and practices.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Trade certified or apprentice in one or more of the following: Electrical, Millwright, Welder, or Machinist.
- Previous maintenance experience in the food processing industry.
- Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Proven self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work well independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Qualified applicants, please apply to www.edenvalleypoultry.com or via https://bit.ly/3V18yqd
Start Your Application