Our mission to make our clients Outside Matter!
- We are looking for a Gardener with some experience or lots of experience that takes joy in providing a higher standard of Garden and Turf care. Must have a full G license, experience driving pick up trucks or Sprinter Van
- We are a Gardening & Horticultural company that likes to elevate residential properties through detailed, meticulous maintenance, and soft-scaping.
- The team at Foliage love the outdoors and are engaged in learning and sharing their gardening knowledge.
Join Foliage Outside Matters, we’re hiring! Foliage Outside Matters is a place where you will thrive.
- We are a family-owned/operated business. You’ll feel supported in your role as part of a professional gardening team. We are a client and community driven company that values safety and environmental responsibilities
- If this sounds like somewhere you or someone you know would like to advance their career, we would like to hear from you at: foliagegardening.ca
About Foliage Outside Matters
- Your passion for excellence will show up in providing outstanding meticulous work. Working hard not just for yourself, but for your fellow team.
- We will thrive in constantly improving and upgrading your professional abilities through role modeling, training and professional development
- The season starts end of March through to the Beginning of December.
- Monday to Friday schedule (no weekend work scheduled)
- Option for scheduling accomodations if discussed/approved
- Our work takes us to residential properties in the neighborhoods of the Beaches, Rosedale, North York, and downtown Toronto.
- We have great equipment: from our fleet of well-kept vehicles to some of the latest battery powered equipment.
- The shop is TTC accessible near Yonge and Sheppard at Senlac and Sheppard in North York. We are a few minutes away from Yonge and #401.
Requirements & Qualifications
Experience with formal gardening maintenance standards
- Pride in your workmanship
- Some previous experience in gardening and lawn maintenance with an attention to detail
- Skills with some ground maintenance equipment and accepted practices
- Knowledge and willingness to know Plant and shrub identification/ care
- Formal, informal education or training in Gardening/Horticulture.
- Valid G2 / G class “Ontario” license, clean drivers abstract and experience driving in the city
- Physically fit and active,
- Experienced in working long, physically demanding hours
- Ready to work in all weather Sunshine or Rain
Wage and Benefits
- Competitive wages offered based on experience and demonstrated skills ($20 base rate up to $27 for lead hand).
- Weekly pay.
- Paid travel between shop and job sites, Vehicle allowance if meeting on site.
- Health spending account after 3 months (RMT, Dental, Prescription drugs, Physio).
- Paid sick/personal day program after 3 months with top ups after 6 months.
- Paid uniforms and PPE, you’ll get the works!
- Discounts at Marks Work Warehouse and other suppliers.
- For returning employees: We encourage personal & professional growth by investing in off season development with Industry standard Courses & apprenticeship sponsorship.
- Supplementary Unemployment Benefit Plan through the Winter.