Welcome To Weed Man Lawn Care - Applying For The Entry Level Lawn Care Technician - General Labour Position
We are hiring for our Scarborough, Oakville, Bradford, London, Windsor, Ottawa offices. Start working as soon as possible. Are you ready for a new and exciting career in the lawn care industry with a reputable company? Do you enjoy working outdoors while interacting with customers? Guaranteed hourly wage of $19/h + productivity bonus + commission (average earning of $22-27/h based on what our technicians are making now).
We are looking for entry level general labour/lawn care technician who can work full-time at the moment. Training will be provided so no prior experience is required. If you work hard and are able to handle more leadership responsibilities, we will have other plans for you - To us, it is not “just a job” that we are offering but also a “career path” for our team members. Career Growth!
Why should you join our team?
- We have been a trusted employer for over 50 years in your local neighborhoods and we are Canada's largest lawn care company.
- Weekly, Monthly, Annual Bonuses, very high Production Incentives and Commission Incentives to increase your earning.
- Opportunity for advancement to those who show a desire and willingness to grow with our company! We always promote from within!
- Paid Training
Responsibilities: There are 2 seasons to the job to make this a full-time, permanent position.
From April to October: from Monday to Friday (and Saturday in the peak months), from 6:30am to around 4:30pm.
- Applications of products such as fertilizer and weed control that are safe for use and government approved.
- Generate some “truck leads” by knocking on the customers’ next-door neighbors after finishing each application and introducing our services - easy sales since we just take care of their neighbors’ lawns!
- Analyze and provide recommendations to improve the quality of a customer’s lawn.
- Maintain expected production schedules.
- Completion of paperwork with accuracy.
- Provide exceptional customer service to existing and potential customers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the assigned truck and equipment.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
From October to April (current season) : from Monday to Friday, from 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Outdoor Lead Generation for prospective customers. No selling is involved in this season. You will only ask whether the customers might be interested in getting a free lawn care quote from us.
- You will join our Marketing and Promotion Team to travel to different residential locations in this season.
- Make a short introduction with the potential residential customers/ homeowners and ask to see whether they would be interested in getting a free lawn care estimate from us.
- If the customer says “Yes” and signs the authorization form for us to contact them for the quote, that is considered as a lead! No selling is involved and the customers do not have to pay for anything at the door.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have a G or G2 License in good standing.
- Must be available to work on Saturday in the peak months of May, June, September and October
If you have any interest or experience in the following fields, this position may be of interest to you.
- Agronomics or Horticulture
- General Labour
- Customer Service
- Lawn/Garden Maintenance
- Lead Generation / Marketing
- Professional Driving Experience
- Seasonal Work
We thank all the applicants for sending us your resume. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Start Your Application