Welcome To Vertical Landscape Architects - Applying For The Experienced Landscaping Team Member Position
We need someone special to join and help build our growing team. Our jobs are diverse and challenging but rewarding. In addition to great landscapes, we also specialize in living walls and green roofs. We not only value but expect your input on minor and major decisions on site as well as clear communication amongst our team members and clients. Work/life balance is a key philosophy in our company culture, and we embrace flexibility as much as possible in our scheduling process. We love what we do and gain immense satisfaction by creating beautiful spaces that both we and our clients are extremely proud of. Attention to detail and doing things right the first time means as much to us (and to our reputation) as it does to our clients. We need someone with the creativity, skills, and confidence to produce great work, who works well with our existing team, and wants to grow within our organization.
Specific qualifications, skills, and characteristics we are looking for:
- Thorough understanding of and previous work experience with landscape construction processes (including but not limited to rough and finished grading, hardscape base prep, paver installation, retaining walls, irrigation, deck and fence construction, concrete and masonry work, landscape lighting, garden bed and turfgrass prep, planting, and mulching).
- Ability to read landscape plans and drawings and communicate ideas verbally and visually as well as do onsite material calculations involving quantity, area and volume take offs. Inventory, design skills, as well as plant and tree identification are a definite asset.
- Physical ability to lift (heavy objects), bend and work in hot, dirty conditions – long hours and some weekends may be required especially during landscape season.
- Working knowledge of and experience with power tools (including but not limited to drill, impact gun, circular saw, table saw, mitre saw, reciprocating saw, oscillating tool, grinder, concrete cut saw, demo hammer, plate compactor, mini-skid steer, and dump trailer).
- Possess attention to detail, critical thinking skills, self-motivation, confidence, ability to listen and accept criticism, work independently, and ask for help when needed; must have a sense of humour, professionalism, positive attitude, and be creative, team-oriented, safety conscious, inclusive, and respectful of our team members, clients, and equipment.
- Dependably get to and from job sites, designated meeting locations, and/or our shop and yard located in Leaside, Toronto (near major subway and bus routes) on time as scheduled. Travel compensation provided for personal vehicle usage when applicable.
Hourly wage: $30 per hour to start (depending on experience, ability, and effort)
Position: part time – full time (based on availability and work schedule)
Vertical Landscape Architects
(416) 518-8446 (call or text)
Start Your Application