Welcome To Bluegrass Nursery, Sod & Garden Centre - Applying For The Landscape Maintenance Worker Position
Do you love the outdoors and physical activity? Then this job is for you. Blue Grass, is looking for hardworking, reliable people to work on our commercial landscaping crews. Landscape crew members will be responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to complete grounds maintenance in our City Parks. Successful candidates will be required to operate various tools and equipment and complete landscaping tasks ensuring that all work performed meets the Bluegrass standard of expectations.
Shifts are Monday – Saturday working 10–12-hour days (with overtime pay)
Duties & Responsibilities:
These are essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
- Help loading/unloading trucks and trailers in the AM and PM
- Cut and trim grass, clean up refuse, blow trimmings
- Operate power equipment including (but not limited to) Toro 5910/John Deere 1600, line trimmers, blowers
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools and equipment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, and small engine equipment
- Training and tools will be provided; however, some knowledge of horticulture or landscaping would be an asset
- Ability to walk, stand, or crouch for long periods and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long days
- Requires good manual dexterity and excellent stamina
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust and noise
- Operate mower or weed whipper for long periods
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs and complete simple reports
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Year-round work is available. If you are a career-minded individual with the desire to grow with the company, Bluegrass would like to hear from you!
Must have reliable transportation as public transit is not available in our area.
Start Your Application