Welcome To Lamer Landscaping & Snowplowing Ltd - Applying For The Material/Equipment Salt Truck Driver Position
Job Title: Material/Equipment Delivery Driver
Job Overview: The Material/Equipment Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently transporting and delivering materials and equipment to job sites. The driver will adhere to all traffic laws and safety regulations and ensure that materials and equipment are delivered promptly and accurately. This position requires a valid AZ or AR, a driver's license, and a clean driver's abstract.
Culture: At Lamer Landscaping & Snowplowing Ltd, we are committed to creating a positive and supportive workplace culture. We value teamwork, creativity, and a sense of ownership among our employees. Our mission is to provide exceptional service to our clients while fostering a supportive and empowering work environment.
Growth Opportunities: We are committed to helping our employees grow and advance in their careers. As a Material/Equipment Delivery Driver, you will have opportunities for career growth within our organization. We provide training and support to help our employees achieve their professional goals.
Employee Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees, including retirement plans, paid time off, and employee discounts.
Tone: We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Material/Equipment Delivery Driver to join our team. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional service, working in a positive and supportive environment, and are excited about opportunities for career growth, we want to hear from you!
- Operate 1–7-ton truck with On Trux system safely and efficiently to transport materials and equipment to job sites.
- Must be able to use a float trailer to move equipment safely and efficiently.
- Load and unload materials and equipment from the delivery vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Verify the accuracy of delivery instructions before leaving the office, yard, or supplier.
- Use GPS and other navigation tools to find the most efficient delivery routes.
- Follow all traffic laws and safety regulations while driving and delivering materials and equipment.
- Inspect and maintain the delivery vehicle, including regular maintenance, cleaning, and safety checks.
- Complete daily vehicle inspection reports and ensure that any maintenance or repairs are reported and completed promptly.
- Communicate with the office, site supervisor, suppliers, project managers, and clients to ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery records and logs.
- Assist with loading and unloading materials and equipment as needed.
- Take ownership of the delivery process and actively look for ways to improve efficiency and safety.
- Embrace a fun and positive workplace culture and contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid AZ or AR driver's license
- Clean driver's abstract
- 1-3 years of experience as a delivery driver
- Ability to read and interpret delivery instructions and maps.
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws and safety regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to embrace a fun and positive workplace culture.
- Experience in the construction or building materials industry.
- Familiarity with the local area and delivery routes
- Experience with electronic logging devices and other delivery-tracking technology
- Basic math skills for inventory tracking and record-keeping
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Vendor discounts
- Vision care
- 8–10-hour shifts
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Winter Work Available
Work Location: One location
Start Your Application