Welcome To Lamer Landscaping & Snowplowing Ltd - Applying For The Landscape Construction Lead hand Position
Landscape Construction Lead hand
Job Overview: Our company is seeking a skilled and experienced Landscape Construction Lead hand to lead our team of construction professionals. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating beautiful and functional outdoor spaces and a proven track record of managing complex landscaping projects.
Culture: At Lamer Landscaping & Snowplowing Ltd, we are committed to creating a positive and supportive workplace culture. We value teamwork, creativity, and a sense of ownership among our employees. Our mission is to provide exceptional service to our clients while fostering a supportive and empowering work environment.
Growth Opportunities: We are committed to helping our employees grow and advance in their careers. As a Landscape Construction Lead hand, you will have opportunities for career growth within our organization. We provide training and support to help our employees achieve their professional goals.
Employee Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees, including retirement plans, paid time off, and employee discounts.
Tone: We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Lead hand to join our team. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional service, working in a positive and supportive environment, and are excited about opportunities for career growth, we want to hear from you!
- Planning: Work with Landscape Construction Supervisor to maintain project schedules, and other documentation to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. Assist Landscape Construction Supervisor and staff to develop project specifications and ensure that all work is completed to their satisfaction.
- Execution: Assist with supervision and coordinate some aspects of landscape construction projects to completion. Assist to manage a team of construction professionals, including landscapers, equipment operators, and other crew members, and ensure that all work is completed safely, efficiently, and to a high standard of quality.
- Evaluation: Conduct regular site inspections to ensure that work is being completed according to specifications and quality standards. Work closely with Landscape Construction Supervisor to evaluate project outcomes and identify areas for improvement to enhance future project delivery.
- Communication: Communicate regularly with Landscape Construction Supervisor to provide updates on project progress and address any concerns or issues that arise. Collaborate with other members of the landscaping team, including designers and maintenance staff, to ensure seamless project delivery.
- Assist and provide mentorship and coaching to team members to support their professional development and growth. Manage equipment and supplies, including ordering and maintaining inventory.
- Learning to understand transit, shoot grades, and site grading.
- Learning to read blueprints and drawings.
- Assists Landscape Construction Supervisor with all change orders, supplier orders, and verification of materials to and from the site.
- Maintains a clean and clear job site, crew trailers, tools, and trucks.
- Shows leadership capability and demeanor to effectively manage and direct a crew of two to four people.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in landscape construction, with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Good knowledge of landscape construction techniques and materials, including hardscaping, grading, irrigation, and planting. Generally, understands all aspects of landscape construction as outlined at about 50-75% of a supervisor’s knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple staff simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
- General understanding of project management tools and software, including Microsoft Excel and Project
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Professional certification or license in landscape construction or related field preferred (CLD) or (CLT)
- A fun, positive work environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
- Minimal supervision, with the ability to work independently and make decisions that impact project outcomes.
- Competitive compensation package, including health benefits and retirement plan.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement within the company
- Company culture that values work-life balance and supports employee well-being.
Job Types: Part-time/Full-time/Contract
Salary: $20-$26 per hour ($40,000-$52,000) Wage is based solely on experience, and performance. Ability to train crew, Complete projects in a timely fashion, stay on budget and upsell where needed. Bonus available.
- Company events
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Vendor discounts
- Vision care
- Hat, Work shirts, and sweaters provided.
- Day shift
- 8-12 Hour Shifts
- Monday to Friday
- Winter Work Available
Work Location: Bay of Quinte Region
Please email:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website https://www.lamerlandscaping.ca/careers/ for all current job postings.
Start Your Application