Welcome To Belmont Meats - Applying For The Packaging and Seasoning Coordinator Position
Belmont Knows Burgers
Belmont Meats has been a leader in the manufacturing and processing of foodservice and retail Burger products since 1966. Quality and innovation are the cornerstones of our success and we’ve built a strong reputation around market-insight and the guidance we provide our customers.
Our “made to specification” beef products can be found in North America markets as private label offerings and Belmont branded solutions. We are trusted advisors and premium-burger suppliers to the following operators in foodservice and retail:
- Quick Serve Restaurant chains
- Casual and fast-casual dining concepts
- Retail supermarkets
- Club/warehouse stores
- Specialty frozen food stores
Lead the packaging/seasoning department from sourcing to delivery while ensuring all procedures are being followed properly and in a timely manner to support production:
What we offer:
At Belmont Meats, our employees are the essence of our business. We are committed to fostering those relationships with honesty, integrity and by providing:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Career growth with a focus on fostering internal talent
- Training and recertification as required to ensure employee success
- Title: Packaging and Seasoning Coordinator
- Reports to: Manager Supply Chain
- Negotiate with vendors the best possible price, quality, opportunity buys, lead times, terms and conditions from a short- and long-term perspective.
- Evaluate alternative sourcing options.
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
- Generate and process purchase orders. Purchase and expedite all production materials and sanitation supplies to meet established production schedules. Prepare and review all receiving documents for packaging materials and spices.
- Manage vendor performance including follow up for non-conformance, and monitor their continual adherence to price, quality, delivery and service.
- Produce business reports detailing procurement activity and volumes (as required).
- Other duties as assigned.
Planning and Inventory Management:
- Execute material logistic strategies to manage inventory and control excess including partnering with suppliers for inventory management/delivery and returns.
- Ensure accuracy of system data including location, quantity on hand, and value. Determine lead times and safety stock levels.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of packaging and spices shipments to support production including adjusting to changing production needs.
- Create and update the Bill of Materials in the database system.
- Prepare information for the daily/weekly Production Meeting - report inventory.
- Identify risk areas related to material shortages.
- Facilitate of Production Reporting where applicable
- Facilitate downtime reporting and tracking/analysis where applicable
- Assist with monthly inventory reconciliation as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with Product Development when implementing changes to SKUs and develop a transition plan to implement product/packaging changes.
- Conduct packaging testing. Provide recommendations to senior management team on new and modified packaging options.
Systems: Sage X3 ERP, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- GED or equivalent.
- Previous procurement work considered an asset.
- Previous marketing or packaging work in the food industry an asset..
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- Ability to work as a team.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
We’re Ready When You Are.
This role requires an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an individual who can multi-task and has a high sense of urgency.
Belmont Meats is a dynamic, fast-paced organization of passionate people focused on results and collaboration. Our dedicated people set us apart and we are committed to their wellbeing and development. The long service of many of our team members is a testament to the strong culture that has been created at Belmont.
We are an equal opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Location: 230 Signet Drive, North York, Ontario
Please Note: Your candidacy will not be considered if you don't complete the assessment. It will take 10-20 minutes to complete.
Start Your Application