Welcome To County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation - Applying For The Occupational Therapist Position
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Job Type: .80 FTE (with potential to become 1FTE)
Work Location: Inverness and Cheticamp, NS
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: May 29, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
We are searching for an Occupational Therapist to join our team. This role will hold a .40 FTE at the Inverary Manor in Inverness and a .40 FTE at the Foyer Père Fiset in Cheticamp, NS.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $35.75/hr - $38.75/hr based on experience
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible upon hire for part-time and full-time staff) including travel insurance and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation accrual
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- A $1,000 retention bonus in return for a 2-year commitment (paid upon completion of probationary period)
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 relocation costs reimbursement
About the Job
- Provides leadership and delegates tasks to OT/PT Staff.
- Works with Management and OT/PT Staff to promote communication and compliance on company policies and procedures;
- Administers and interprets standardized and non-standardized tests and evaluations to assess resident with occupational therapy related concerns such as level of independence in activities of daily living, seating and mobility, swallowing and meal texture, pressure reduction and skin integrity, splinting.
- Develops individualized treatment plans based on clinical records, observation, and referral; confers with interdisciplinary staff regarding an overall treatment plan for residents.
- Evaluates the progress of residents in relation to occupational therapy treatment provided through use of tests and observation; confers with nursing staff and physicians regarding effectiveness of treatment.
- Prepares progress reports, funding requests, and statistical reports relating to occupational therapy treatment program and resident needs and maintains treatment records as required.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team; gives evaluation and progress reports on residents. Designs and produces adaptive equipment, utensils, splints or other orthotic devices as needed for use by residents; instructs resident and staff in the use of the equipment.
- Coordinates management of facility equipment; contacts suppliers for service and maintenance of wheelchairs, geri chairs and power wheelchairs.
- Provides staff training on ergonomics, seating assessment, skin integrity, equipment and other related topics as required.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
- You have a Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Occupational Therapy, and are registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia;
- You must have your own vehicle and are able to travel between facilities;
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire;
- You have experience working with the elderly in a seniors’ living or long-term care environment;(considered an asset);
- A valid CPR & First Aid Certification is considered an asset.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Inverary Manor is a modern 71 bed long-term care facility located along Cape Breton’s musical coast, in Inverness, NS. This state-of-the-art facility is divided into six households, each with common living areas and kitchens, as well as private rooms and bathrooms. The Manor is linked to the Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital. With its cozy communal spaces, airy, attractive interior, and warm supportive staff, Inverary Manor offers a Resident Centred Culture that appeals to employees who derive meaning from creating a home-like atmosphere and enhancing quality of life for the residents they serve.
Foyer Père Fiset is a 71-bed long-term care facility (10 which are RCF level and 1 respite room) located in Cheticamp, a traditional Acadian fishing village situated along the picturesque Cabot Trail, nestled between the majestic mountains of the Cape Breton Island highlands and the shining waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Construction of a new modern state-of-the-art replacement facility is expected to begin in the fall of 2023 and open to residents in 2025.
The CIMHC values diversity in our workplace and we welcome all applicants. Only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19
Start Your Application