Welcome To Belmont Meats - Applying For The Industrial Electrician Position
Industrial Electrician Technician
Belmont Knows Burgers
Belmont Meats has been a leader in the manufacturing and processing of foodservice and retail Burger products since 1966. Quality and innovation are the cornerstones of our success and we’ve built a strong reputation around market-insight and the guidance we provide our customers.
Our “made to specification” beef products can be found in North America markets as private label offerings and Belmont branded solutions. We are trusted advisors and premium-burger suppliers to the following operators in foodservice and retail:
- Quick Serve Restaurant chains
- Casual and fast-casual dining concepts
- Retail supermarkets
- Club/warehouse stores
- Specialty frozen food stores
The Industrial Electrician will be responsible for identifying and remediating electrical issues throughout the plant and to remediate any electrical issues. This individual will be responsible for installation, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
Some weekend work is required.
What we offer:
At Belmont Meats, our employees are the essence of our business. We are committed to fostering those relationships with honesty, integrity and by providing:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Career growth with a focus on fostering internal talent
- Training and recertification as required to ensure employee success
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Browse blueprints and schematics follow diagrams of circuits and wiring
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, electrical panels, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Operate, change over, set, repair, and improve on mixers and grinders; conveying, forming, packaging, etc. equipment, and provide support for the workings of auxiliary equipment
- Conduct preventive, reactive, and predictive maintenance programs on production equipment, and perform repair on them when necessary using an array of tools and diagnostic devices
- Maintain maintenance records, logs, and record labour, parts, materials, and equipment used
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Work individually or as part of a team.
- Willing to work in cold environment and at height.
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop, maintain and communicate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, customers, suppliers and other service providers to ensure optimal
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, Food Safety and all other Company policies and
- Supports encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion.
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team
- Anticipates and overcomes
- Confident, rounded
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do
- Post-secondary education in an electrical or mechanical program with an Industrial Electrician (442A) license.
- Dual ticket is an asset.
- Refrigeration experience preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Experience leading and maintaining preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Effective leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in an environment of changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexible and able to work overtime and be on-call and must have or establish residence within 30-40 minutes of our production facility.
Please Note: Your candidacy will not be considered if you don't complete the assessment. It will take 10-20 minutes to complete.
Start Your Application