Welcome To Animal House Wilmington - Applying For The Dog Handler Position
We are currently looking for dedicated individuals to join our team as Dog Handlers! At Animal House, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional pet care, focusing on our core values of pet purposefulness, playfulness, and togetherness. We believe that caring for our furry guests is a collaborative effort, and we make sure to enjoy ourselves while providing top-notch care.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by like-minded animal lovers who are committed to ensuring the happiness and safety of dogs while their owners are away.
We're on the hunt for attentive, punctual, and totally pawsome individuals who have a genuine love for working with pets.
We value the commitment and dedication of our team members and recognize their potential. We offer clear career paths for those who demonstrate their passion and excellence in animal care. So, if you're ready to wag your way into an incredible career, unleash your passion and apply today!
Our ideal candidate is attentive, punctual, and engaged in their work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure each pet is treated with respect and dignity, and has a safe and fun boarding experience
- Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety
- Ensure kennels and play areas are clean and pleasant to be in
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Clean all equipment, toys, dishes, suites, floors, etc. Cleaning is a big part of what we do.
- Use common sense to solve problems as it relates to dogs in our care.
- Understand or learn about canine body language and how to make the dogs comfortable in meeting you and having you lead them into our facility.
- If you are a hard worker who takes direction well, are quick on your feet, and have initiative to make your job great then this may be the job for you.
- We love to have fun and take our job of caring for people’s pets seriously. Safety and security are a priority while enjoying all we do. We are a team and communication is key in keeping the operations going.
- This is a physically demanding job. We ask that you be able to safely lift 50 pounds, have hand-eye coordination, and are comfortable in environments where dogs sometimes jump on you.
- Must have basic customer service skills and be able to follow our safety protocols.
- Must love dogs. We have a lot of them!
- Prefer a candidate with professional experience with dogs.
Multiple positions available!
Pay: starting at $10 per hour with the possibility of more, depending on experience
Start Your Application