Welcome To County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation - Applying For The Dietary Aide Position
Job Title: Dietary Aide
Job Type: Casual
Date Posted: August 24, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
Work Location: Foyer Père Fiset
Number of Positions: 1
We are searching for a Dietary Aide to join our team at the Foyer Père Fiset in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $18.38 - $18.67
- 4% Vacation pay
About the Job
- Prepares food items according to menu, special diets, nursing nourishment list and catering requests.
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards. Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Prepares the dining room and trays for meal service.
- After each meal, clear dishes from tables and trays in preparation for washing. Operate dishwasher, wash dishes, pots, pans, and utensils and put away after meals.
- Observe and report residents’ eating habits/appetite to immediate supervisor (Chief Cook or Alternate)
- Assists with the process for checking and receiving of deliveries and inventory control. Ensures all supplies are stored, labelled, and rotated properly.
- Keep work area and equipment clean. Practice all safety and sanitation rules and regulations and observe personal hygiene.
- Reports areas and equipment in need of repair to the maintenance department.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Grade 12 or GED
- Food Handlers Certification
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions without constant supervision.
- You have strong customer service skills and a passion for serving seniors.
- You possess some experience in the culinary field and are familiar with preparing food.
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire.
- You have experience working with the elderly in a seniors’ living or long-term care environment. (Considered an asset)
- Previous experience working with the elderly is an asset.
- Willingness to participate in education programs.
- Bilingual (French/English) or willingness to take courses for speaking French/English.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Foyer Père Fiset is a 71-bed long-term care facility (10 which are RCF level and 1 respite room) located in Cheticamp, a traditional Acadian fishing village situated along the picturesque Cabot Trail, nestled between the majestic mountains of the Cape Breton Island highlands and the shining waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Construction of a new modern state-of-the-art replacement facility is expected to begin in the fall of 2023 and open to residents in 2025.
Foyer Père Fiset values diversity in our workplace and we welcome all applicants. Only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19
Start Your Application