313D Residential Air-Conditioning Systems Mechanic Apprenticeship Opportunity in the Vaughan Area
An established, local contractor is looking to build their working team in the Vaughn area. Looking to hire a 1st year or higher Residential Air-Conditioning Systems Mechanic Apprentice in good standing with STO. Experience with residential is required. The employer offers an excellent working environment with great team atmosphere.
Day Shift 8am-5pm (Evening and Weekends On-Call Rotation Required)
This is an application for a job opportunity and not an application for acceptance into an apprenticeship program. We will only be contacting applicants for pre-screening interviews if you have met all requirements set out by our employers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assess the condition of HVAC systems and equipment at the customer’s site to determine if the equipment is in safe working order
· Read and interpret error codes on furnaces; determine/recommend course of action
· Prepare work order with recommendations to present to customer
· Perform inspection and preventative maintenance of equipment with care and detect any areas in need of further servicing
· Test equipment when maintenance is complete to ensure no issues
· Review findings with customer; provide recommendations on how customer can improve home comfort and energy savings with HVAC upgrades
· Prepare work orders for customer and ensure it is signed before leaving
· Follow all applicable codes and regulations
· Safe handling and transportation of hazardous materials such as natural gas/propane, refrigerants, and cleaning solutions
· Time management skills to manage service calls efficiently
· Prepare accurate and timely work reports and time sheets
· Much of the work is performed independently so a focus on effective communication skills and safety (both personal and the customer’s) is important
· Other duties as assigned by the Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must possess a Gas 2 Technician License
• Must have clean driving record with valid/current driver’s license and insurance
• First Aid, CPR, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Ozone Depletion Prevention, and WHIMIS training required
• Highly attentive to details and easily detect errors
• Self-sufficient, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Tenacity and the determination to get things done in a timely manner
• Strong customer service focus
· Comprehensive Health Plan and RSP Matching
How to apply:
Click on the link to complete an online application AND assessment: https://secure.jobtimize.com/fit/initial.jsp?PositionTypeID=117504
1. Attach a detailed cover letter and resume.
We will ONLY be in touch with candidates who qualify for the positions. We wish all applicants success.
Start Your Application