Welcome To Landmark Environmental Group Ltd. - Applying For The Landscape Technologist Position
Suitable candidates will be required to possess the experience and skill sets described below.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of conceptual landscape design plans, details and contract drawings;
- Landscape inspections for security reductions of development projects;
- RFP training and/or experience for RFP/tender proposal writing is important for success in this position;
- Construction administration, cost estimates and conduct field investigations to acquire site data;
- Ability to effectively communicate with our clients, developers, consultants and landowners;
- Assist Senior staff with preparation and coordination of project supervision;
- General and varied office duties as assigned.
This posting is not an inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Educational, Accreditation & Training Qualifications:
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology and 2+ years of experience in the Landscape Architectural design of municipal, commercial, industrial, institutional facilities within private sector consulting firm, or equivalent.
- Accredited degree or diploma relating to Landscape Architecture or Urban Design or equivalent experience;
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup 3-D modelling or Photoshop, is considered an asset;
- Experience in reading and interpreting site plans, subdivision plans, grading plans, architecture, and tree preservation plans;
- Preference given to candidates that demonstrate proficiency in summer/winter tree identification;
- Preference given to candidates with previous experience in a landscape architecture office;
- Understanding urban planning application processes and CPTED principles are considered an asset.
- Critical thinking, ability to analyze, organize & prioritize tasks with attention to detail is essential;
- Demonstrate individual motivation and initiative to successfully complete tasks in a remote/working from home environment on temporary basis as required;
- Arboriculture experience is considered an asset;
- Exhibit a self-starter attitude, motivated mind-set and be able to work with minimum supervision;
- Deliver outstanding client/customer service communications via email, in-person & phone;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Capable of creating original and leading-edge graphics and technical design;
- Committed to collaborative team-building abilities, a willingness to learn and contributing to overall project completion;
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer competitive salary that commensurate with experience, support with continuing education opportunities and competitive group benefits package (eligible after successful 3-month probationary period).
Our positive open-door office atmosphere along with the collective talents of our capable staff assists in providing a supportive work environment. Landmark Environmental Group Ltd. succeeds on the exceptional abilities that their employees possess and is pleased to encourage the goals and aspirations of its team members. Landmark Environmental Group values a work/life balance within a workplace that encourages growth, inclusion, diversity and overall employee wellbeing.
As part of our selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. Candidates will also need to confirm they are fully vaccinated in accordance with Landmark Environmental Group Ltd. mandatory vaccination policy in Canada.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applications can apply via email to hr@LEGroupLtd.com.
Please include the following with your submission:
-Relevant sample portfolio (pdf).
We thank all applicants for your submissions; however only candidates selected for and interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application