Welcome To Bluegrass Nursery, Sod & Garden Centre - Applying For The Landscape Construction and On-Call Snow Removal Heavy Equipment Operator Position
Landscape Construction Worker & Snow Removal
Blue Grass Garden Centre is looking for hardworking, skilled workers offering experience in the landscaping field. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, be responsible and respectful towards our clients, and represent Bluegrass courteously and professionally.
Landscaping shifts are Monday – Saturday working 10–12-hour days (with overtime pay) - Snow Removal is on-call 24-7
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Landscaping Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate heavy equipment for landscape construction projects and maintenance contracts i.e. skid steers, backhoes, bulldozers, loaders, tractors, site dumpers, mini excavators, mini backhoes, compactors, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and conduct pre-operational checks.
- Lead by example and ensure the entire team works towards the single goal of customer satisfaction
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe responsible manner
- Ensure the project is completed according to the project schedule and quality standards
- Help loading/unloading trucks and trailers in the AM and PM
- Planting, digging, raking, and hauling landscape products like soil, mulch, sod, trees, shrubs, and more
- Knowledge of landscape tools and equipment such as skid steers, excavators, etc.…
- Basic knowledge of landscape plans
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Cut and trim grass, clean up refuse, blow trimmings
- Operate power equipment including (but not limited to) Toro 5910/John Deere 1600, line trimmers, blowers
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools and equipment
- Bluegrass is looking for snowplow operators who can run loaders, Skid steers, and a Kubota enclosed pathway sweeper.
- Also looking for hand crews and leaders, all positions can lead to full-time summer employment.
- Snow Removal is an on-call position
- Minimum 1-year landscaping experience
- Maintains safety as being number 1 priority in all construction activities
- Excellent attitude with a focus on customer service
- Good attention to detail
- Experience with skid steers, loaders, excavators, grade levels etc.
- Physical strength/stamina is required, work outdoors in all weather
- Must be available to work long days
These are essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, and small engine equipment
- Training and tools will be provided; however, some knowledge of horticulture or landscaping would be an asset
- Ability to walk, stand, or crouch for long periods and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work long days
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity and excellent stamina
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles regularly
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, and noise
- Operate mower or weed whipper for long periods of time
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a courteous manner
Year-round work is available. If you are a career-minded individual with the desire to grow with the company, Bluegrass would like to hear from you!
Must have reliable transportation as public transit is not available in our area.
Start Your Application