Welcome To Compass Group Canada (Trent University) - Applying For The Grill Cook Position
Start Date: Nov 13, 2023
Status: Full time
Schedule: As per the CBA posting hours provided at the time of hire
Location: Trent University, Peterborough ON
Important Information: Minimum 2 years grill cook/cooking experience. Food Safety Training Certificate an asset.
Prepares and cooks food according to standardized recipes; prepares, serves, and clears grill, flat top, deep fryer, steam table line; operates food service equipment; cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Undergo job specific and company safety training.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of Chartwells contractual obligations for the project relating to the department.
- Continually review duties with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
- Advise management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing dollars invested in physical inventories, operating at budgeted product costs, and avoiding product shortages.
- Oversees stocking of all food serving areas according to the number of persons to be served, with a focus on quality, appearance, adequate stocking levels, and minimizing leftovers and product waste.
- Prepares and cooks food according to standardized recipes, ensuring food is cooked at the proper temperature and at the proper length of time.
- Operates food services equipment in a safe manner and according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares, serves, and clears resident steam table/tray line.
- Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment.
- Adheres to provincial and federal regulations regarding food preparation.
- Communicates with supervisor and other staff members to resolve problems and/or concerns.
- Assists in serving meals, remaining present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback.
- Serve customers quickly and courteously using proper service techniques and portioning.
- Ensure that all prepared products are correctly recorded on production records.
- Trains and directs staff to ensure the highest sanitary standards are maintained in all food serving and storage areas in accordance with company, client, and governmental requirements.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned tasks within production and service time frames established for the job.
- Assist anywhere else in the kitchen during production as needed.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Ability to interact with customers in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- Stocks and sets up tables. Removes trays and dishes from tables promptly, as requested, loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
- Follow and document temperatures/cleaning and daily checklists.
- Fill out all HACCP logs bringing any discrepancies to your Manager immediately.
- Follow opening, closing and cleaning checklists.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Grill Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
Start Your Application
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.