Welcome To Hollandia Pools & Spas - Applying For The Junior Landscape Designer Position
Hollandia Pools and Spas is a high end residential inground concrete and vinyl pool design and build firm located in London, Ontario. We service all of Southwestern Ontario from Kitchener to Windsor, Sarnia to Goderich. We are members of the Master Pools Guild, a global group of elite and independent pool building craftsmen that adhere to a code of ethics around integrity, good business practice and respect for the rights of clients, employees and suppliers.
We are currently seeking to add new members to our team that are passionate about design with a willingness to learn aquatics and add new skills to their portfolio. Never thought about the pool industry? Apply today and find out where it could take you!
This is an entry level position reporting directly to the Sales Manager, you will help build and maintain relationships with customers as well as seek and secure new opportunities. As part of that process, you will build estimates, participate in the creation of landscape designs while working collaboratively with other members of the sales team and CAD technicians. This is not a Civil Engineering position.
This is a full-time year round position with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Receive and manage leads as distributed by the Sales Manager
- Set up and conduct site visits with new customers
- Prepare and present proposal to customers based on site visit.
- Identify scope of work, labour and materials
- Work with Sales Manager and CAD tech to produce complete and detailed landscape designs.
- Follow up on proposals and track results.
- Create contract documents, assist with site layout of project based on approved design.
- Apply for all relevant permits.
- Price additional work as requested by customer throughout the life of the project, complete necessary change order requests and site instructions.
- Receive and maintain technical knowledge from various sources and attend all educational opportunities as they relate to your position.
- Communicate and work alongside the Sales Manager and other team members in a professional and positive manner.
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in landscape design
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Superb communication skills, oral and written both one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Strong organization and time management
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Open to learning and receptive to feedback.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Must be a team player and willing to collaborate.
- Proficient with computers and in software applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets and Word Processing
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
- Capable of using various measuring tools
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Working knowledge of various landscape materials is an asset.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as area, volume, dollars and cents
- Able to perform physical labour as required
- Diploma in Landscape Design, Marketing, Business or related field an asset
- Previous experience in the swimming pool industry considered an asset.
- Previous experience selling, presenting, and negotiating.
Salary to be negotiated based on:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, occasional weekend and evenings can be expected during peak season. Occasional travel required, company vehicle or an allowance will be provided. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Group Benefit including dental after 3 months.
Start Your Application