Welcome To CKF Inc - Applying For The Industrial Energy Manager Position
INDUSTRIAL ENERGY MANAGER
CKF Inc. has eight manufacturing facilities located across Canada and the United Sates with a total workforce in excess of 700 employees. Our operations produce foam, plastic and molded pulp products including disposable tableware, egg cartons, four-cup carriers, display containers, and a wide variety of other products for the food service industry.
We have an exciting opportunity available at our Hantsport, NS location for an Industrial Energy Manager. This full time position will report directly to the Plant Manager and will also work closely with staff from EfficiencyOne, a division of Efficiency Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing energy management services and technical support to CKF’s Nova Scotia operations, working with staff engineering and production teams to promote energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business Development
- Lead ongoing informal team discovery sessions, identify energy savings opportunities and upcoming projects to develop business cases. Business cases will recommend projects, measures, and incentive programs to the client that align with their objectives.
- Support key stakeholders in energy management planning. Support implementation of energy efficiency projects and influence policy through developing an understanding of the organization’s budgetary, procurement, and production policies related to energy management.
- Deliver presentations and generate reports as required by CFK and EfficiencyOne regarding outlining project status, energy management opportunities, and achievements to date.
- Engineering Data Analysis
- Utilizing available production information and other energy data to track energy usage and identify energy-saving opportunities.
- Supporting the implementation of production controls and equipment changes that result in energy savings through developing an understanding of the mechanical and electrical systems within client facilities.
- Complete technical audits, evaluate energy efficiency technologies, perform feasibility studies.
- Project Management
- Responsible for coordinating and administering EfficiencyOne project documentation, incentive applications, and project development agreements.
- Act as project manager for all energy-related capital projects, including liaison to energy service consultants, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Responsible for supporting the development of energy efficiency projects and initiatives prioritized by plant management.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or an Engineering Technology Degree/Diploma (PEng or CET designation an asset)
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience working in an energy related role, developing and implementing energy management programs and/or energy savings projects
- Practical knowledge applicable to a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of energy efficiency measures specific to production
- Experience in Project Management (CPM/MCPM designation an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret electrical and mechanical plans and specifications for facilities
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma designation an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where problem-solving skills help meet tight deadlines
- Ability to progress on projects independently
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Bonus program in addition to salary
- A unique workplace culture that offers:
- Engaging, fun and respectful work climate
- Wellness Initiatives
- Commitment to employee development and “promote from within” philosophy
- Opportunity to make a significant personal impact to help CKF contribute to a more prosperous, sustainable future in the community and the province
Qualified candidates can apply with cover letter (including salary expectations) and full resume at the following link:
CKF Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Although we gratefully accept all applications, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Your Application