Welcome To Urban Garden - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson, Build Division Position
We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible individuals to help fill positions in our growing Landscape Construction Division (Build)
This position offers applicants the opportunity to work on award-winning projects in both downtown Toronto and the broader GTA. From residential landscaping to commercial projects, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a great team and expand their leadership skills.
The Landscape Foreperson is an experienced position for professional individuals. The Foreman is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to lead in the completion of landscape construction projects. This position is a leadership position, in which the candidate will work closely with the project manager and team members in the execution of landscape construction and planting projects with accuracy, efficiency, and quality.
About Urban Garden:
Established in 1997, Urban Garden is an award-winning Design/Build and Maintenance company specializing in both residential and commercial projects in the central and downtown Toronto area.
Urban Garden is growing, offering our employees opportunities for advancement. UG also supports continuing education, including Landscape Ontario seminars and more.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Supervise, direct, and manage crews for maximum efficiency and quality of work. Leads by example.
- Experience operating landscaping equipment.
- Health and Safety, First Aid, Working at Heights, and equipment certifications an asset.
- 3 + years landscaping experience.
- Have an understanding of landscape construction best practices.
- Provide on the job training of crew to maximize quality, efficiency, and safety practices.
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential of each crew member.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are properly maintained and on site as required.
- Report for duty at the designated location and time each day, ready to work. Ensures timely arrival on the job site by all crew members.
- Ability to read landscape designs/plans.
- Ensures all safety rules and company policies are followed by all crew members. Ensures all personal protective equipment is worn at times when equipment or job task specifies.
- Communicates clearly with the Landscape Designer, Landscape Manager and client as needed to ensure a smooth, efficient, and quality product. Communicates production goals with crew members to ensure installation meets contract specifications.
- Maintains a comprehensive overview of each job to ensure the best possible quality.
- Provide end of day/end of job reports for Landscape Manager. Monitors and tracks job hours of all crew members and reports them in a timely manner to the Landscape Manager.
- Communicates potential changes or problems to the Landscape Manager in a timely manner and recommends potential solutions.
- Keep trucks and tools neat, clean and in good working order. Enlists the help of all crew to assist in this task.
- As needed, perform pre-install visits to job site at the request of the Landscape Manager.
- Preview future job sheets to familiarize with the project, plan necessary equipment, coordinate deliveries, prep crew, etc.
- Conducts weekly meetings with crew to cover items such as planting basics, safety practices, tool maintenance, further training, weekly plans, etc.
- Always maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Follows all safety rules, company policies and regulations.
- Ensure staffs’ hours of work are accurately captured and input into the payroll system (via LMN software).
- Assist in the hiring, disciplining, and reviewing of crew/staff in your division.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE and H&S standards.
- Assist in various administrative tasks as assigned by Landscape Manager.
This full-time seasonal position entails an approximate 50 hour per week, from March to December.
Wage range: $26 -$30/hr.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
As part of Urban Garden’s process, l candidates may be required to consent to relevant background checks prior to receiving a job offer. This may include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, criminal offense and driver's license record.
Start Your Application