Welcome To Glen Oaks Funeral Home & Cemetery - Applying For The Seasonal Gardener Position
Glen Oaks Funeral Home & Cemetery, located in Oakville, Ontario has several openings for the position of Seasonal Gardener. We are looking to hire for the 2024 season, starting from April 1st until November 30, 2024.
The successful candidate for this position is passionate about maintaining outdoor spaces to a high horticultural standard and within the scheduled timeline.
This position is based on a 40-hour work week, and may change as required, including working overtime when needed. The hourly wage starts at $17.50 per hour, and is dependent on the skills and experience you bring to the position. Opportunities for full-time employment and professional development are available to those who demonstrate excellence in their role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working under the supervision of the head gardener, you will be maintaining the overall appearance and health of the gardens on the property
- Using hand tools to weed, edge, deadhead, prune and trim plant material
- Using small equipment, such as blowers, hedge trimmers and line trimmers
- Operating golf carts, utility vehicles, and tractors to transport materials
- Professionally addressing sensitive visitor questions and concerns
- Dividing and transplanting perennial plants, as needed
- Planting and watering annual flowers, as needed
- Preparing and amending new garden beds, as needed
- Other tasks, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- G license strongly preferred
- Knowledge about weed identification and pruning techniques strongly preferred
- Experience working with power equipment and hand tools preferred
Start Your Application
- Passion for working outdoors and maintaining natural spaces
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of compassion, integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence