Rockscape is an award-winning design, build and maintain landscaping company. We've been rooted in the luxury, residential landscape marketplace of Muskoka, ON for over 30 years.
The Junior Designer is an exciting and unique position that is essential to the continued growth of Rockscape. The Junior Designer will have a creative passion and drive to design world class landscapes in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. They will report to our team of Senior Designers with over 60 years of combined experience in the industry.
The Junior Designer will be detail-oriented, exceptionally well organized, and comfortable working under pressure. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that critical documentation such as proposals, reconciliation reports, working drawings and permits are prepared, updated, and delivered. This documentation will be completed in collaboration with the Sr. Designers as well as Project Managers and will need to be presented, as required during the various stages of a project.
Hours: Full time.
Wage: Variable based on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to)
· Adhere to and consistently demonstrate Rockscape Core Values.
· Collaborate with senior designers in creating landscape designs.
· Perform initial site analysis – measuring, inventory, grade shots, before photos. (Drone capabilities would be an asset).
· Develop base plan indicating property lines, house, and existing features in preparation for concept plan.
· Research for designs and recommend solutions to site problems.
· Working knowledge of hardy, low maintenance plant material is an asset.
· Learn to sell distinct custom landscape design plans and landscape construction projects.
· Develop relationships with prospective and existing clients.
· Produce professional quality presentation and communication documents.
· Participate in client presentations.
· Assist in permitting processes (document preparation and submission).
· Assemble a Design Presentation Package using Dynascape, Sketch Up or equivalent Rendering software.
· Complete a site analysis at the end of a project and assist with the reconciliation process.
· Other administrative tasks could be required.
· A college diploma or equivalent in Landscape Design or Horticulture.
· Minimum of 2+ years in high end, custom residential landscape design.
· Knowledge of the latest construction techniques and plant identification.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship development skills.
· Knowledge of Dynascape and 3D/Rendering software (ie. SketchUp) as well as MS Office.
· Highly motivated achiever with excellent time management discipline.
· Attention to detail and organizational skills are important.
· Work occurs in both a casual, upbeat, and engaging office setting as well as at our clients’ properties around Muskoka and Georgian Bay.
· Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
· Opportunity for professional development.
· Relocation assistance can be provided.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved with some of the best of the best in the landscape industry, we’d be thrilled to have you! The projects we work on and the team surrounding us will excel you forward at a rapid pace in your career. Join us!
Check us out on Instagram @rockscape
Job Type: Full-time
Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
Start Your Application