Welcome To CKF Inc - Applying For The Corporate Logistics Supervisor Position
Corporate Logistics Supervisor
CKF Inc., a leader in Canada’s pulp molding industry is a progressive company with a strong commitment to safety and Continuous Improvement. CKF Inc. is a National Company with plants located in British Columbia, Ontario, Nova Scotia and the states of Iowa and Texas, manufacturing numerous types of food packaging.
CKF is looking for a Corporate Logistics Supervisor who will play a crucial role in ensuring the timely, efficient & cost-effective movement of goods while maintaining excellent relationships internally and externally. This role offers an opportunity to contribute to the growth of the company, to work across all levels of the organization, and play an essential role in the operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (But are not Limited to):
- Oversee and review the cost of shipments and ensure CKF is getting the best rates, loads are cubed to the max, and all rail opportunities are acted on.
- Contribute to the development of short-term and long-term corporate logistics strategy.
- Oversee the development and negotiation of annual freight rates, minimize increases, and look for opportunities to decrease. Pickup programs negotiated, managed, and adjusted based on costs.
- Oversee and Support Inbound Shipments.
- Oversee GHG reduction initiatives and bi-annual reporting.
- Supervise and maintain the ERP transportation module with freight rates obtained from various carriers for new business lanes.
- Oversee the management and prioritization of logistics projects.
- Oversee logistics related procedures and develop new ones where required.
- Supervise employees - train, develop and motivate the Logistics Department.
- Promote teamwork.
- Support annual department expense budget and corporate freight budget, and review variances.
- Oversee international logistics.
- Manage customs clearance issues, report inbound and outbound discrepancies to customs broker.
- Update Certificates of Origin and HS codes, maintain service and setup with customs broker.
- Oversee freight invoicing.
- Oversee develop of SOPs for Supply Chain.
- Complete bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly savings reporting.
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience gained from a logistics background.
- Previous experience in logistics in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, strong excel data manipulation and analysis.
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with carriers and customs broker.
- Self-motivated and able to lead a small team.
- Forward-thinking mindset with the ability to anticipate and adapt to changes in the logistics landscape while maintaining efficient and effective workflow within the department.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, only 45 minutes from Halifax.
- Reporting directly to the Vice President Supply Chain.
- This is an on-site position.
- This position could require some travel.
CKF offers a competitive wage and benefit package (including a pension plan). If you want to work for a dynamic and exciting company and enjoy the challenges of working on a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment, then come be a part of our team.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear criminal background check.
Qualified candidates can apply with cover letter (including salary expectations) and full resume at the following link:
Deadline for applications is February 10, 2024.
CKF Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Although we gratefully accept all applications, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Your Application