Welcome To Southern Tech - Applying For The Instructional Administrative Assistant Position
Provides quality office professional assistance and clerical support primarily for full time instructional programs & secondarily for other departments as directed.
- Provide quality assistance to full time instructional programs
- Assist the organization, including Directors, Instructors, and Student Services with instructional activities
- Follow the industry standards concerning safety and quality of work.
- Maintain discipline in regard to SouthernTech Policy and the rules and regulations set forth for the program.
- Coordinate and communicate daily assignments/activities with program instructors.
- Proctor AYES & ASE Alliance tests, grade papers, copy papers, type various documents, and file.
- Sub if qualified for Full Time Programs, if needed.
- Fill in for Adult Programs and front desk as needed.
- Assist Student Services, SouthernTech student enrollment, and Student Leadership.
- Coordinate Skills USA contest & assist instructors with preparation for contests.
- Assist instructors with bids, quotes, and NATEF, ASE Alliance, & other program certifications and Re-certifications.
- High School Diploma, Associates preferred
- Computer Training – Career Tech Certificate preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in direct customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and over the phone and analyze the next step in customer service response.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers, students, and staff.
- Working knowledge of computerized office programs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use proper grammar in both spoken and written form and construct clear written communication that is understandable and consistent with the rules of English.
Start Your Application