Welcome To Urban Garden - Applying For The Office Manager Position
Urban Garden is a leading landscape company in Toronto, committed to creating and beautifying Toronto's urban spaces. With a full range of professional landscape services, Urban Garden specializes in commercial, multi-unit residential, condominium and hotel properties. We take pride in our commitment to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Office Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in managing various aspects of our office operations.
As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing versatile and key administrative functions, with a focus on human resources, health and safety, staff records and onboarding, company culture, work social events, and social media/marketing assistance. This role is essential in ensuring the smooth functioning of our office and fostering a positive, safe, and enjoyable work environment.
- Maintain employee records and ensure compliance with HR policies and regulations.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new hires, including orientation and training. Process employee paperwork in accordance with company’s policies and procedures
- Assist with employment recruitment processes, from job postings, interviews and hiring.
- Handle employee relations, addressing concerns, and fostering a positive workplace culture.
- Carry out employee reviews, team meetings.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records.
- Payroll: Oversee the initial stages of scheduled payroll periods: Ensure and organize all Managers have accurately capture their employee hours and times and manage final input of information via company timesheets.
Health & Safety
- Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular safety meetings and training sessions for employees. Schedule Tool-Box talks and work with Division Crew Leads to ensure proper safety protocols are active and relevant.
- Joint Health Safety Committee (JHSC): as applicable to staff population, attend JHSC certification course and organize fellow employees into H&S meetings.
- Purchase, track and inventory all health and safety products and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations: Oversee the employee Health and Safety Board and other visual material.
- Oversee Third-Party Safety Accreditation programs used by our commercial clients: ensure memberships are active and up to date with proper documentation.
- Use of Google Workspace, Microsoft Work and Excel, Landscape Management Software (LMN), QuickBooks Desktop.
- Assist with basic bookkeeping tasks, such as invoicing, Receipt Entry, and expense tracking.
- Oversee inventory and purchases of general office equipment and supplies.
- Oversee and develop a functional IT maintenance and management plan (whether in house, or manage subcontractors)
- Answer company phone calls, relay messages, manage phone systems, incorporate necessary technology into the office space.
Company Culture, Marketing & Promotion
- Plan and organize company events and social activities to promote team building.
- Coordinate team-building activities to enhance employee engagement.
- Manage professional development initiatives, courses, seminars, learning sessions.
- Assist in the upkeep and design of UG’s social media initiatives and assist with website as needed. Manage the company's social media accounts, creating content and engaging with followers. Showcase the company's culture, projects, and achievements through these platforms.
- Participate with other senior management in setting the strategic direction of UG
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience in office management, human resources, health and safety, and/or administration.
- Strong knowledge of Ontario employment laws and health and safety regulations.
- Familiarity with the Canadian Landscape Industry’s Scope and Operations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be comfortable and confident leading meetings and speaking on behalf of the company.
- Proficiency in computer file organization, management, and MS Office.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results oriented.
- Social media management experience is a plus.
- Marketing or business development and website/graphic design experience in the landscaping industry is an asset.
- IT and Technology management skills are an asset.
- Willingness to attend workshops, conferences, and courses to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Valid G Drivers Licence & Clean Drivers Abstract
40-50 hrs per week, depending on time of season.
Health and dental Insurance
Opportunities for professional development
If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for fostering positive workplace cultures and have the skills to manage various office responsibilities, we invite you to apply for the Office Manager position at Urban Garden.
Start Your Application