Welcome To Rooted School Las Vegas - Applying For The Office and Community Engagement Manager Position
Office and Community Engagement Manager
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start Date: June, 2024
Rooted School Las Vegas exists to accelerate upward mobility for underserved youth in Las Vegas, NV. The fourth in a national network of high-achieving schools, RSLV will bring an innovative education model to Clark County with the support of a national backbone organization, Rooted School Foundation.
Rooted’s goal is that all RSLV students graduate from high school with a job offer in one hand and a college acceptance letter in the other. Rooted’s student-centered model provides scholars with self-directed learning pathways, project-based learning, and industry-based internships and credentials to help them achieve academic success and prepare for a high-paying career.
Opening its doors in 2024, RSLV will serve 360 students annually when all grades are filled. 66% of students are projected to be from low-Income families, 43% are projected to be Latinx students, and the school anticipates serving students receiving ELL services (14%).
Overview of the Role:
The Office and Community Engagement Manager is one of the most visible team members on the RSLV team. This person will direct the school’s front office and create a set of operational systems and procedures that support community engagement and smooth school functioning. This person serves as a key liaison between students, staff, and families, and will be the first person to interact with anybody entering our school. This person is also responsible for promoting and enhancing the overall mission by finding outreach opportunities, providing outreach services, leading family communications regarding our school, and being entrenched in the city of Las Vegas. The Office and Community Engagement Manger directly reports to the Founding School Leader based in Las Vegas.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will fulfill the Rooted Promise. This will not be easy. Many will say we cannot do it. I hope you’ll join us anyway.
The Foundation of How We Work Together
We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s Mission
- We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something, you could be wrong)
- We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (comfort with frequent, focused change and ambiguity + strong initiative)
- We want teammates who have knowledge, skills, and abilities related to cultural competence and equity
- We want teammates who have knowledge/awareness of own cultural identity and desire to learn about the cultural identity of others
- We want teammates who have the ability to recognize each person as a unique individual even as we celebrate their group cultural heritage
- We want teammates who have the ability and desire to establish positive relationships with persons regardless of race, gender, physical limitation, sexual orientation or religious belief, with an active commitment to equal opportunity for all persons
- We want teammates who supports a positive school environment that celebrates, respects and values diversity, where learning is made relevant and meaningful to students of various cultures
- We want teammates who exhibit an exceptional ability to execute at a high level in the classroom while concurrently building secure attachments with students
- We want teammates who are deeply invested in trauma-sensitive and restorative practices and masters of student and parent engagement
- We want teammates who are committed to researching and remaining abreast of best office management and community engagement that may advance our mission
Areas of Responsibility Include (but are not limited to):
As a founding member of Rooted’s School Team, the Office Manager will be responsible for the core set of duties listed below, and will also need to have a “whatever it takes” approach to the work, wearing many hats and diving in to ensure the success of our scholars wherever needed.
Community Engagement and Communications:
- Serve as a welcoming and engaging first point of contact for anybody entering our school building or calling our school phone number.
- Draft and send communications to our school community that are aligned with our school values and goals.
- Manage Rooted’s website to include relevant updates and information for all Rooted stakeholders.
- Assist with planning and executing events such as back to school nights, awards ceremonies, orientations, open houses, professional developments, parent/teacher conferences, fundraising events, and other events as scheduled.
- Assist with executing Rooted’s student recruitment, enrollment, and registration plan.
Systems and Processes:
- Managing our Infinite Campus, our Student Information System
- Execute daily attendance system, including keeping records of late sign-ins.
- Assist with ensuring all information in our student information system is up to date.
- Manage incoming and outgoing physical mail, packages, student files, and other deliveries.
- Maintain main office sign-in systems.
- Assist with arrival, lunch, dismissal, and emergency management logistics.
- Great public speaker and confidence when speaking with new individuals, parents, and students.
- Superior customer service and client management skills
- Quick-thinker, solutions-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population including race, gender, ability, religion, sexual orientation, geography, and any other identity-based attributes;
- Willingness to grow through ongoing constructive feedback and professional development;
- Committed to engaging and/or leading in community and school events;
- Committed to building relationships with families and coworkers and creating a dynamic environment;
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in a school or non-profit environment, or in an office management role.
- Experience with Infinite Campus SIS highly preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaker highly preferred.
Competitive full-time salary as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you're as excited about this role as we are, please apply directly or email a resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com
Start Your Application