Welcome To Davey Tree - Applying For The Arborist - Climber Position
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada is the leading full-service tree care provider for residential, commercial, utility line clearing, and forestry consulting throughout Canada. As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking interested and motivated individuals to join our team in various roles.
Please email us your resume or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Overview – Climber - Arborist
As a Climbing Arborist with Davey Tree; you will be in the field and up in the canopy most of your day with a hands-on approach to tree and vegetation management. You will deal directly with the public and will draw on your expert knowledge and experience to ensure the job is done right and on time.
- Perform work in the canopy of the trees at various heights.
- Operate as an active crew member with support from the ground crew and crew leader.
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients.
- Including but not limited to:
- Pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy.
- Installation of cables, bracing and lightning protection systems.
- Removal of hazardous trees.
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts
- Assist the trimmers and foreperson in job site setup, debris removal and cleanup.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures. Including:
- Rigging Safety.
- Working at Heights.
- Harness safety principles.
- Understanding and implementation of the process of safely ascending tree canopies at all heights.
- Preferred background in Forestry, Horticulture or Landscaping.
- Minimum 1 year climbing experience
- Strong tree, knot and shrub identification skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Valid provincial driver’s license.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
Start Your Application
- Full Time employment
- Group Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Employee owned company with stock purchase after 1 year of service
- Davey provides ongoing training and career advancement opportunities, including assistance with tuition
- Employee Referral Program and other company perks