Welcome To Intek - Applying For The Commercial Field Technician Position
The Commercial Service and Installation Technician, under the direction of the Regional Manager, will primarily be responsible to install and trouble shoot cable and telecommunications systems within businesses in commercial settings. The Commercial Service and Installation Technician must demonstrate an aptitude for learning new technologies, must work systematically and efficiently, and must demonstrate a high level of integrity and work ethic. This is as much as a technician position as it is a customer service position. Intek is looking for applicants that have exceptional customer service skills and communications skills. Intek will be requesting current or prior metrics information, including Repeat, CMP and QA numbers.
Intek Communications Inc offers unlimited earnings potential in the form of piecework. Your motivation, efficiency, speed and job knowledge allow you to control your earnings. Intek offers a competitive benefits package, paid training, opportunity for career advancement, discounts on home phone, internet, cable, security and wireless services. Intek provides a company vehicle, company gas card, and phone plan with unlimited Canada wide talk and text.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety - Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed. Organization - Able to keep tools, equipment, materials, the vehicle and the workplace organized. Works in a systematic and efficient manner.
- Operate and drive vehicles to varying customer location
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of products or services required
- Inspect, test, and repair cable signals and replace faulty cables, power supplies, digital boxes, modems amplifiers and associated equipment
- Install, connect, disconnect and relocate cable outlets, digital boxes and modems
- Evaluate the customers services and equipment to verify that they are working within the specifications
- Converse with customers, ensure customers understand and approve of the work to be done
- Work at heights and on ladders, as required
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times
- Educate customer on how to use the products/services installed
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with the services and products
- Attempt to calm irate customers by explaining the situation while attempting to resolve the issue to the best of your abilities
- Participate in any required company training
- Document and close all calls to provide a record of work completed
- Meet the Key Performance indicators as outlined by Intek
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid driver's licence with a clean driver's abstract
- Valid auto insurance
- Clean criminal record check
- 1-3 years or more experience in Telecommunications Service and Installation, (specifically the cable field)
- 1 year or more experience completing home phone and a great knowledge of NSL
- Previous commercial experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical consumer
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to maneuver and climb a 28 foot 75lb extension ladder
- Use of hand tools including but not limited to electric drills
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
- Daily driving to and from work locations with a focus on courtesy and safety
- Operation of laptop computer and cell phone
Intek Communications Inc. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Intek Communications Inc. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Start Your Application