Welcome To Intek - Applying For The Security Systems Technician Position
Security Systems Technician
The Security Systems Technician, under the direction of the Regional Manager, will primarily be responsible to install and trouble shoot security system components in residential and commercial settings. The Security Systems Technician must demonstrate an aptitude for learning new technologies, must work systematically and efficiently, and must demonstrate a high level of integrity and work ethic.
Intek Communications Inc offers unlimited earnings potential in the form of piecework. Your motivation, efficiency, speed and job knowledge allow you to control your earnings. Intek offers a competitive benefits package, paid training, opportunity for career advancement, discounts on home phone, internet, cable, security and wireless services. Intek provides a company vehicle, company gas card, and phone plan with unlimited Canada wide talk and text.
- Client/Customer Focus - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Problem Solving - Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety - Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Organization - Able to keep tools, equipment, materials, the vehicle and the workplace organized. Works in a systematic and efficient manner.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Safely operate company issued vehicle to attend varying work locations.
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of services to be repaired or installed and obtain approval before commencing.
- Install and service both business and home security systems including the installation of cameras, motion detectors, heat sensors, control panels, and access control systems. Commission systems and survey buildings when preparing for installation.
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to products and services. Test and repair cables and associated equipment, faulty power supplies, sensors, etc.
- Analyze problems and make recommendations as to root causes and corrective actions and ensure that customers are satisfied with the issue resolution as well as the resolution process itself.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Work at heights and on ladders, as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary.
- Maintain accurate records, including customer service call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation. Ensure calls are closed in a timely fashion using the appropriate codes.
- Adapt communication style in order to deliver information effectively to a range of individuals.
- Provide orientation and education to customers on the use of their security products.
- Meet the Key Performance indicators as outlined by Intek.
- Valid driver's licence with a suitable driving record
- Valid auto insurance
- Must be willing to provide a Criminal Background Check
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Degree or diploma in a security related field is considered an asset
- Related work or academic experience preferred, but Intek will train the right candidate
- Alarm Agent License (AB), Security License (BC), Security Systems Technician Trade Qualification, (BC) or Field Systems Representative (BC) will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical consumers
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands using demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Daily driving to and from work locations with a focus on courtesy and safety
- Flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to maneuver and climb a 28 foot 75lb extension ladder
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
- Operation of laptop computer and cell phone
Intek Communications Inc. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Intek Communications Inc. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Start Your Application