Welcome To Maritime Beauty - Applying For The Technical Sales Associate Position
Maritime Beauty Supply is the leading distributor of professional beauty supplies in the Maritime Provinces. We have a store network of 17 locations representing numerous top professional lines s including but not limited to: Redken, Matrix, L’Oreal Professionnel, Pureology, Moroccan Oil, Olaplex, Verb, Bain de Terre, Cezanne, Babe, Babyliss, Avanti, Sam Villa, Quannessence, OPI, CND, Allpresan, and Gehwol.
We are currently seeking Full-Time Technical Store Associates for various store locations. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Proactively make each client’s visit a delightful and memorable customer service experience.
- Exhibit and maintain professionalism during client interactions and comply with MBS dress code policy by maintaining a consistently neat and professional appearance.
- Sales champion for respective store – Responsible to increase sales ability in our larger stores with focus on key brands and categories.
- Motivate and support SA’s in upselling programs in order to achieve store and individual sales goals - Sales Responsibilities to achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales goals.
- Achieve store and individual monthly sales objectives for promotions & launches.
- Utilize sales techniques like direct sales, telesales, demo days, etc to grow sales, with focus on technical products.
- Support the Team Leader and be responsible to lead the products sales function for the store team.
- Responsible to complete the daily duties and responsibilities of the Store Associate – as outlined in job description.
- Work with the Team Leader to manage a strong customer list and relationships with the larger/higher potential customers.
- Work with the Team Leader to support strong Sale Day preparation and execution to exceed sales goals.
- Primary contact person for local schools & arrange MBS orientation days with Team Leader/DSC.
- Proactively self-educate on product knowledge of brands and categories, features and benefits through PK books, websites and use of store samples and testers
- Participate in training sessions to obtain product knowledge, manufacturer information, selling skills, customer service experience skills. Regularly attend education events to learn new products and techniques.
- Arrange or provide SA’s with technical products training, selling tools and sales training for planned promotional activities – minimum of 1 session per month.
- Understand and utilize computer system to efficiently process client orders, access client history and access product information
- Understand and utilize MBS intranet website to create signage, access product flyers and access internal forms
- Follow merchandising standards and maintain assigned sections and signage
- Deliver excellence in customer service experience, including good judgement in decision making and problem solving skills
- Coordinate educational events and demo days in the territory - Work closely with store the store team and DSCs to assist in selling tickets for MBS educational events, Carnival of Beauty Show and ABA show.
- Understand and follow all company and store specific policies and procedures
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all MBS business and client information.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Hair, Esthetic or other industry license
- 2-3 years’ experience as retail sales associate with special responsibilities
- Proven sales upselling results over 1-2 years
- Strong product and policy knowledge, strong customer service skills demonstrated
- Bilingual Preferred
- Strong computer skills with MS Office
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team
- Proven ability to learn and be able to communicate technical product information
- Strong selling skills that are appropriate in a retail sales environment
- Flexible in scheduling
Shaping Success Together:
The ability of Maritime Beauty Supply to remain competitive and successful in today’s world is directly attributable to our employees. These beliefs, our commitment to open lines of communication and our policies and practices, ensure that we all operate in a positive employee relations environment that is supportive of our employees. We value our employees and strive to offer an environment of challenge, continued growth and learning opportunities.
- Medical benefits (Health, Dental and Life Insurances)
- RSP Matching Contribution Plan
- Service Recognition Program
- Enhanced Vacation plan and personal days
- Corporate Charitable Donation Program
- Employee Fitness Program
- Personal, Professional and Career Development Program
- Maternity Leave Top-Up
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Maritime Beauty Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Your Application