PRAXES Medical Group is in search of a Financial Manager for our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience and is looking for more than just a job. You have a "whatever it takes" attitude and excellent attention to detail. You love to create systems and processes to manage financial and administrative tasks, ensuring no details are missed. You dive into the numbers to understand what they mean, and develop comprehensive and innovative reports that help give managers a complete financial picture.
An innovative telemedicine company, PRAXES is changing how medical care is delivered in Canada and in remote places around the world. We believe everyone should have timely access to high quality medical advice and care, wherever they are and whenever they need it. After 20 years of serving remote and industrial clients, PRAXES is expanding into new markets, both in Canada and with partners globally.
We are a 24/7 company, so we cannot have a '9 to 5' mentality. We trust our employees and value the good work they do. If work is done in a timely and effective manner, with consideration to colleagues and clients, employees mange their own schedule and balance the demands of work and life. We have a detailed hiring process to ensure those we hire are a good fit with our team. The first step is identifying applicants who align with our values, which are:
· Stay Agile - Commit to continuous learning, adapt quickly to market forces.
· Be Effective – Help deliver quality medical services that add real value (outcome/cost) for our customers, including individuals, companies and healthcare providers.
· Act with Integrity - Have trusting and caring relationships with co-workers, partners, and patients. ?
· “Whatever it takes”
· Passion - fire in the eyes
· Team player
· Detail oriented yet can grasp the big picture
· Of accounting systems and process (SAGE)
· Filing systems (electronic and paper)
· Payroll systems (Ceridian)
· Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (we use Zoho).
· Of the healthcare industry sector
· Organizational and time management skills
· General office management skills
· Financial analysis
· Excel reporting
· Microsoft office suite (Word, PPT, and Excel)
· Pro-active and self-starter - knows what needs to be done, and manages themselves and others to achieve goals on time
The following are some of the tasks that you will be responsible for:
· Managing day-to-day financing accounting (invoicing and payables)
· Managing payroll (Ceridian)
· Filing and remitting all taxes as required
· Providing weekly and monthly financial analysis, and new reports, as identified
· Assisting with pricing for proposals
· Managing all insurance policies
· Banking and bank reconciliations
Competitive salary and benefits package including flexible work hours and locations, health and dental benefits, retirement savings plan, generous vacation allowances.
Start Your Application