Welcome To El Gaucho - Applying For The Valet/Houseperson/Shuttle Driver Position
The Inn at El Gaucho is seeking a high energy career-minded hospitality professional to join our incredible staff. Our all-suite Inn is located in the heart of Belltown on the second floor above the famous El Gaucho Seattle restaurant. We deliver a personalized and unparalleled experience, where the details are carefully and thoughtfully executed. Our team is renowned for creating the often sought and rarely found welcome you are likened to receive at a neighbor's home. Our company was built on key pillars that drive us forward, which include: Individual Responsibility, Professionalism, Stewardship, Action-Oriented, Free Enterprise, Building a Strong Community, and Heritage of Hospitality.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of exceptional relationship-oriented customer service and effective interpersonal communication skills. The desire to further develop your individual talents and an eagerness to learn the true essence of the hospitality profession are both a must.
Career opportunities include:
- Providing sincere greetings for all our guests whether visiting the property for the first or fiftieth time
- Developing lasting and meaningful vacation memories throughout a guest's stay
- Exhibiting confidence and professionalism during all interactions including arrival, departure, valet and concierge interactions
- Become part of a true team environment through shared daily responsibilities with the housekeeping, valet, and front desk teams
- Building your hospitality expertise as an integral part of a bottom up staff developed property that emboldens the meaning of Pacific Northwest hospitality
- Providing the first impression for new guests and visitors as the face of the property
- Valeting hotel guest cars for departures, stayovers, and new arrivals between garage, rear of property and front drive
- Creating an inviting atmosphere for passersby to attract more business to the Inn and provide a welcoming personality that intrigues guests
- Clean and upkeep public areas of the hotel and housekeeping room including linen sorting, mini bar inventory and replenishment, and glass and dishware turnover
- Acting housemen duties such as daily in-room bed and bath linen removal, trash removal, laundry exchange, housekeeping inventory and preparation, stayover and full cleans
- Provide comprehensive concierge service to all guests including a full knowledge of local restaurants, attractions, amenities, and events -Maintain complete knowledge of property amenities, room information, hours, services offered, and location
- Preparing for daily arrivals and completing full cleans and room inspections when needed
- Operate van drop-off shuttle service for hotel guests in immediate downtown area for specific hours of the day
- Assist all arrivals and departures with luggage up to the Inn
- Assist with all deliveries up to the Inn
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Maintain a clean, professional and groomed appearance
- Ability to exhibit professional demeanor under stress while solving practical problems with limited support, understanding that patience, tact, and diplomacy will be required to diffuse anger
- Basic computer skills
- Possess a clean driving record and be able to pass a drug screening
- Confidence to work effectively under the pressure of multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, speed, courtesy, cooperativeness under little or no supervision
- Previous hotel experience preferred but not required
- High school graduate
- Ability to lift 75 pounds without assistance
- A persistent willingness to learn, help out your team, and be a key part of a true hospitality team!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING A PART-TIME CANDIDATE TO WORK OUR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY SHIFTS (7A - 3:15P)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE FOR YOUR APPLICATOIN TO BE CONSIDERED, THANK YOU!
Start Your Application