Welcome To Eden Valley Poultry - Applying For The Live Haul Driver Position
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. (EVP) is seeking a Live Haul Driver to join their dedicated team. We are a Canadian company - unique in the industry. We process and market chickens and turkeys for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers. We strive to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment and remaining focused on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
The Live Haul Driver position includes:
- Driving trucks and trailers to supplier farms in NS and PEI returning to the processing plant with live poultry on board.
- The completion of all paperwork related to the receiving of birds at the processing plant; this includes forms to meet HACCP requirements and driver's logs as applicable.
- A valid Nova Scotia Class 1 driver’s license with Air Brakes.
- Ability to work various start times according to a collection schedule, location of birds and weather.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holiday when required.
- A proven commendable driving record.
- A strong commitment to health and safety, effective troubleshooting skills, and the desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Completion of Grade XII is preferred.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment would be an asset.
- Valid emergency first aid and WHMIS training preferred.
Start Your Application