Welcome To Eden Valley Poultry - Applying For The Power Engineer Position
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. (EVP) is seeking a Power Engineer to join their team of dedicated Engineers. We are a Canadian company - unique in the industry. We process and market chickens and turkeys for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers. We strive to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment and remaining focus on exceptional food safety and quality standards. The ideal Power Engineer will:
- Ensure the proper operation and functioning of the organization’s boilers and related equipment to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable working environment for all.
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on boilers and related machinery.
- Adjust controls and valves on equipment or computer terminal to regulate boiler operations.
- Perform regular tests to ensure proper functioning of equipment. Conduct regular inspections of machinery and surrounding areas, making adjustments as required.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate problems as they arise, locating source of malfunction and performing minor repairs as required.
- Maintain a logbook of daily activities such as operations, maintenance, test results, instrument or computer interface readings and equipment malfunctions.
- Must possess a 4th class Power Engineering Certification and 2nd Class Refrigeration Certificate.
- 3 years of experience as a Power Engineer required.
- Must have demonstrated maintenance experience.
- Experience in a large-scale manufacturing/processing environment considered an asset.
- Able to read and interpret various schematics and drawings.
- Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills required.
- Proven self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work well independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Start Your Application