Welcome To PAC Machinery - Applying For The Machine Technician (Setup) Position
Do you like to work on your car, bike, or other mechanical or electrical products? If so, then this could be the ideal job for you! We are currently seeking a resourceful and energetic individual for our machine setup role.
We are a growing organization with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We offer competitive compensation, paid time off and full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability).
Role and Responsibilities
The Machine Technician is a key position in the converting department, responsible for ensuring efficient production through machine setup, troubleshooting and maintenance, as well as training machine operators on optimizing machine performance.
- Efficiently setup converting machines in accordance with specifications provided in the work order and on the master.
- Make adjustments to machines to facilitate efficient and proper operation; assist Machine Operator with machine adjustment needs.
- Collaborate with Production Supervisor on scheduling to ensure that all parts, tooling, and peripherals are ready in advance of job setup.
- Work with the Maintenance Department on machine repair and/or replacements.
- Use machine knowledge and experience to improve machine performance, productivity and quality.
- Make recommendations to management on optimum converting process for new custom products.
- Work with Maintenance Department to troubleshoot new converting machines.
- Provide training to designated Setup Operators and/or Machine Operators.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Maintenance technical degree a plus
- Mechanical aptitude/ strong problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and measuring devices
- Experience in plastic film/sheet industry a plus
- Machine maintenance experience a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extensive periods of time. The employee must be capable of lifting objects up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Start Your Application