We are looking for a Millwright for the Great Northern Timber Pellet Mill in Middle Musquodoboit, NS.
Great Northern Timber is a vertically integrated Maritime owned and operated company with over 45 employees working at our facilities in Nova Scotia and in our Head Office in Halifax. We bring superior forest products to the world taking the long-term view when it comes to forest management. As stewards of a vital natural resource, we meet and exceed the industry standards for sustainable forest management. We are committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. At GNT you'll be part of an environment that welcomes new ideas and creates confidence in your ability to grow and achieve. Because our people are our future we give you what you need to thrive. Best of all, you'll work with people who have a similar passion for their work, and approach everything they do with energy and integrity.
Reporting to the Millwright Lead, the Millwright is responsible for maintaining pellet manufacturing equipment and associated rolling stock at the Great Northern Timber Resources Inc. wood pellet mill. Repairs/maintenance to be carried out in a time efficient manner, using proactive problem-solving of issues in order to avoid production downtime. This is to maintain uninterrupted plant operation.
· High school graduation, GED or equivalent experience required
· Red Seal Millwright Certification preferred
· 1 – 2 years' experience working in a plant environment, ideally in the Pellet Mill industry
· Knowledge of managing warehouse space, operating mill equipment and systems and mechanical/electrical repair concepts
· Knowledge of Mill production methods and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks without losing focus on the details
· Ability to work independently on a timely basis with a strong sense of urgency
· Good communication skills and ability to follow oral and written instructions required
· Working experience with computers especially with the Microsoft office program is an asset.
· Knowledge and observation of safe work practices required.
Hours of Work
Full Time 4 on/4 off rotating shift work, 12-hour day/night shifts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect seasonal weather conditions; moving mechanical equipment; high and precarious work locations; dust exposure; work place chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment, and confided spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud requiring hearing protection.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume as well as completing all pre-screening questions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Start Your Application