We are looking for a Loader Operator for the Great Northern Timber Pellet Mill in Middle Musquodoboit, NS. Great Northern Timber is a vertically integrated Maritime owned and operated company with over 45 employees working at our facilities in Nova Scotia and in our Head Office in Halifax. We bring superior forest products to the world taking the long-term view when it comes to forest management. As stewards of a vital natural resource, we meet and exceed the industry standards for sustainable forest management. We are committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. At GNT you'll be part of an environment that welcomes new ideas and creates confidence in your ability to grow and achieve. Because our people are our future we give you what you need to thrive. Best of all, you'll work with people who have a similar passion for their work, and approach everything they do with energy and integrity.
Reporting to the Lead Hand, this role is responsible for managing the raw material requirements of Great Northern Timber Resources Inc. You will control the incoming supply of product (sawdust, chips and shavings) in the storage pad area; and keep the furnace and dryer supplied with a sufficient quantity of appropriate material. All responsibilities are to be carried out in a time efficient manner, using proactive problem-solving of issues, in order to avoid production downtime, and to maintain uninterrupted plant operation.
· High school graduation, GED or equivalent experience required
· Operation of loader equipment, able to assess good working condition and complete cleaning of equipment
· Loader trained and certified
· 1 – 2 years' experience working in a plant environment, ideally in the Pellet Mill industry
· Knowledge operating mill equipment and systems, as well as a knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment is an asset.
· Knowledge of Mill production methods and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks without losing focus on the details
· Ability to work independently on a timely basis with a strong sense of urgency
· Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with all levels
· Working experience with computers especially with the Microsoft office program is an asset.
· Knowledge and observation of safe work practices required.
Hours of Work
Full Time 4 on/4 off rotating shift work, 12-hour day/night shifts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect seasonal weather conditions; moving mechanical equipment; high and precarious work locations; dust exposure; workplace chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment, and confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud requiring hearing protection.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume as well as completing all pre-screening questions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application