Reporting to the Lead Hand, the Operator Pellet Mill is responsible to be a shift equipment operator at Great Northern Timber Resources Inc. wood pellet mill. As an operator, you will be running plant equipment, in an efficient, safe manner, to maximize run time and plant production. All responsibilities are to be carried out in a time efficient manner, using proactive problem-solving of issues in order to avoid production downtime. This is to maintain uninterrupted plant operation.
· High school graduation, GED or equivalent experience required
· 1 – 2 years’ experience working in a plant environment, ideally in the Pellet Mill industry
· Knowledge operating mill equipment and systems, as well as a knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment is an asset.
· Knowledge of Mill production methods and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks without losing focus on the details
· Ability to work independently on a timely basis with a strong sense of urgency
· Good communication skills and ability to follow oral and written instructions required
· Working experience with computers especially with the Microsoft office program is an asset.
· Knowledge and observation of safe work practices required.
Hours of Work
Full Time 4 on/4 off rotating shift work, 12-hour day/night shifts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect seasonal weather conditions; moving mechanical equipment; high and precarious work locations; dust exposure; workplace chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment, and confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud requiring hearing protection.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume as well as completing all pre-screening questions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application