Welcome To Ascribe - Applying For The Writer/Editor Position
Are you a strategic writer—a creative and sharp thinker able to grasp complex subject matter and effortlessly communicate it in clear, engaging ways?
Do you like spending your days wrestling with words, applying your intelligence to unravel and rebuild ideas and craft compelling stories?
Are you ready for the opportunity to work as part of a talented team, creating exceptional content for organizations in different sectors, in Canada and around the world?
As a Writer/Editor at Ascribe, you will:
- Work as part of the editorial team, creating content in a variety of forms, on a range of topics (mainly business-to-business communications)
- Participate in various stages of content creation—conceptualization, research, initial content development, writing, revision—based on project/client requirements
- Create and edit content in a range of forms, including: integrated marketing campaigns, web and multimedia scripts, advertising and direct mail campaigns, articles, annual reports, speeches, and/or other communications products
As you generate high volumes of content, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with senior members of Ascribe’s editorial team, facilitating your growth and development as a writer
- Support the development of excellent output and, as a result, the client relationships that are central to Ascribe’s success
- Work within Ascribe’s fine-tuned production system, in keeping with well defined practices and delivery windows—all critical to seamless project execution
Required skills and experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related program (e.g., journalism, communications, professional writing)
- 5 to 8 years of direct, practical experience in the field(s) of marketing, communications, journalism or public relations
- Experience working in a variety of writing genres
- Comfort preparing for and conducting content-gathering interviews
- Strong mastery of writing fundamentals, including grammar, logic, syntax
- Familiarity with style guides and standards, and experience copyediting and proofreading
- Understanding of the role and function of writing in the corporate context
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We’re looking for a top performer. If you’re that person, apply today.
About Ascribe Marketing Communications
Ascribe is an Ottawa-based marketing writing agency with a reputation for delivering writing of the highest quality, enabled by smart process and supported by attentive client service. Our team of journalistic-minded writers and editors shares the philosophy that great writing begins with great thinking. We bring intelligence, a strategic sensibility and a storytelling instinct to each assignment, drawing on exceptional experience creating content for marketing campaigns, videos, websites, articles, annual reports, white papers and more. We are a valued extension of our clients’ marcom teams—local, national and multinational organizations including the Royal Canadian Mint, Export Development Canada, Nokia and Bell Canada.
Start Your Application