Position Title: Professional Dispatch Status: Full time
Posting #: VM18-01 Team: Operations
Date of Posting: November 28th 2018 Travel: No
Date of Closure: Open until position is filled Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Pepco is a second-generation family owned distributor of fuels, lubricants, industrial supplies and bearings/power transmissions operating in Ontario and Québec. Pepco exists to ensure the continued comfort of your home, the sustainability of our communities, and the seamless operation of our clients’ business and transportation. Joining Pepco would mean being part of a team with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that values collaboration, teamwork, honesty, communication, and involvement in the communities we serve. If you describe yourself as dedicated and dynamic, with a winning team attitude, we encourage you to keep reading!
We’re hiring full-time Professional Dispatcher to join our Operations team. As a key member of this team, you will be responsible for the daily dispatching of Commercial Fuel Trucks. Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, you will be championed to uphold Pepco’s mission to be the go-to resource for every customer in every market that we serve.
If you’re interested in a sustainable lifestyle that makes a difference in the lives of your valued family, friends and community, apply with Pepco.
· Climb the ladder: Opportunity for career advancement in multiple teams and locations;
· Work environment and Company culture: Fast paced yet friendly and relaxed;
· Community engagement: Make a difference in your community through Pepco driven volunteer initiatives;
· Savings: Company prices on fuel and industrial supplies;
· Competitive Health & Benefits Plan;
· Take calls from Customers both Commercial & Residential for their fuel requirements.
· Create and process fuel orders for all customers
· Reconcile daily truck envelopes
· Plan delivery routes for each customer for fuel truck daily deliveries
· Balance the customers needs with operational needs to be most efficient
· Provide drivers with detailed site drawings for new deliveries
· Work with drivers in real time remotely via team viewer to trouble shoot computer issues
· Daily scheduling of all drivers
Our ideal candidate
· Bilingual (French and English), both written and oral, Preferred
· OSSD or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience;
· Previous experience in fuel distribution
· Good working knowledge of excel, word
· Previous dispatching experience working with Petroplus & Datanovava considered an asset
· Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports;
· Self-motivated, high energy, and strong willingness to learn;
· Strong communication skills reflected in the ability to foster solid working relationships;
· Strong active listening skills demonstrated through the ability to understand customer’s needs;
· Teamwork work driven and safety-first attitude.
· Ability to work under pressure and make accurate decisions based on Company needs
We believe in providing fair and equal opportunities to all current and prospective team members. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity amongst our teams. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application